joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow, roads dusted; but the coolest thing is, I can actually hear the flakes, a gentle fuzzy white noise, like old TVs on low volume with no channel.

Its beautiful and relaxing. If it was a little warmer I would want to go on my porch and take a nap.

Lol, someone stole my snowboard.

You just can't make this s*** up :(

That sucks.

I'm at 600' in the northern portion of the valley. Harper's ferry is the low point at 489'.

Yes, it runs 'downhill' up further north about Strasburg or so it starts falling off pretty quick. That is why river runs that way.

Weather note- been snowing to beat the band here, but flakes have been microscopic until last 20-30 minutes. Up to 1.3 inches on board as of 10 minutes ago.

I will take this every time.

Screw 35 and snow hoping for dynamic cooling and big rates.

I totally agree. I like when I'm freezing my azz off while watching the first flakes fall. Awesome out there. Winds picking up, snow is becoming more steady. I've been stuck at 20 for hours. I'm a happy camper next to a huge woodstove lol.

Steady intensity but no flakes bigger than a pencil eraser

21.6 and the evap effect is not very much even with low dews .

Let's get some official size category

You guys love "fatties" so that could be quarter size or bigger

Pencil eraser is what I am getting as biggest right now

Maybe dime size coming?

I am readjusting my expectations to a half inch to an inch of snow tops.

I am in between frontogenetic areas. I can't win em all lol, but I did get 27 inches in the blizzard.

Since I am in the hole, I will cheer Fredericksburg on to 6 inches of snow, and I will cheer DC on to 5 inches. Those two places are smack dab in the fronto, and they will be all night.

Best of luck!

I'm betting your rates are getting ready to increase rapidly.

Yes, could be the case. HRRR and RAP still look like this all kind of balances out through the day tomorrow whatever happens. It'll be interesting.

Same here. Looks like an enhanced band is knocking on dc's door though. Next hour or 2 should be kind hopefully.

Does seem the heaviest is intent on staying south. But we should be able to pull off an inch or so with this batch at least.

Archived