SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You thinking more ice later? Or do you think the quasi-lull allows us to hold onto snow for a bit longer?

I'm a bit flummoxed...I'd lean toward non-snow with the next big batch in an hour or 2, but unsure.  Either way, I think we hold on to 32 or less deep into the evening - maybe after midnight.  Even if DCA is 33-34, most everyone will be 32 or lower...

I'm a bit flummoxed...I'd lean toward non-snow with the next big batch in an hour or 2, but unsure.  Either way, I think we hold on to 32 or less deep into the evening - maybe after midnight.  Even if DCA is 33-34, most everyone will be 32 or lower...

Those red sleet bands on radar will be fun and maybe brief last minute accumulation before we flip completely.

I'm a bit flummoxed...I'd lean toward non-snow with the next big batch in an hour or 2, but unsure. Either way, I think we hold on to 32 or less deep into the evening - maybe after midnight. Even if DCA is 33-34, most everyone will be 32 or lower...

Two things bode well for temps right now - it is still freezing at Williamsburg and temps do not seem to have popped in the lull area.

Two things bode well for temps right now - it is still freezing at Williamsburg and temps do not seem to have popped in the lull area.

Still sitting at 23 down here in Spotsy with 8.7" on the ground....I did shovel so cars wouldn't be snow banked in, we shall see if that was a good idea

Edit: precip beginning again and it is all Snow at the moment....

The stuff that has come down so far seems to be high-ratio.  I might take a measurement to find out.  Pivotalweather has had the Kuchera ratios around 15:1 for the cities so far, but the HRRR says that's going to drop off pretty sharply over the next few hours.  DC should fall below 10:1 around 2:00, and Baltimore about 1 hour later.

Archived