Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are so nice and all I want is for the jackpot to be in my yard every time :weenie:

Pleasantly surprised, went out and measured 2" while I assumed we only had 1".

Well, I want the jackpot in my yard too. But,

1. We are going to to very well in this event, on the order of 4-6", which is nothing to complain about.

2. SoMD folks get screwed in a lot of our biggest storms

3. The snow is so beautiful its hard to be envious of anybody

4. Someone other than the N/W people are jackpotting

Best part about fresh snow...when we walk out to the barn you can see all of the fresh footprints of the critters...so far I've seen what appears to be one or more of the following... deer, rabbit, possum, raccoon, fox, cat, bird, mice and human...fun cool and pretty

Best part about fresh snow...when we walk out to the barn you can see all of the fresh footprints of the critters...so far I've seen what appears to be one or more of the following... deer, rabbit, possum, raccoon, fox, cat, bird, mice and human...fun cool and pretty

Snowing nicely.

Been following the HRRR since 4AM. its constantly trending up near the bay and eastern shore for snowfall today and it makes sense with the radar. lots to lift north, Another thing its getting colder and colder run after run and showing more of a dangerous ice storm tonight. Suspect WSW would come east for ice if this continues 

Radar is currently Exploding. 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

Currently light snow in Belair Radar shows nothing here. 

post-14209-0-51321800-1455544354_thumb.p

Its nice to see fox footprints...

oh wait this was in my neighborhood:https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/authorities-search-for-couple-and-possible-rabid-fox-after-attack-in-arlington/2016/02/04/05fa1fec-cb87-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

Archived