SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a nice training band going on across PG Va that seems to trail all the way back into SW Va. Looks like nice returns here for several hours. Hard to  sleep with moderate snow falling!! Nice for a change to not have really any wind. Feels good just to sit outside and watch the snow fall. I will sleep when the rain comes!!

Getting a nice training band going on across PG Va that seems to trail all the way back into SW Va. Looks like nice returns here for several hours. Hard to  sleep with moderate snow falling!! Nice for a change to not have really any wind. Feels good just to sit outside and watch the snow fall. I will sleep when the rain comes!!

Sitting outside too.  Nice, quiet, moderate snowfall.  

radar is getting spotty upstream from mby, but I'm in a no mans land between LWX, AKQ & FCX so sometimes snow doesn't show up as well as it comes down.

in any event, not unexpected at all to have at least a couple lulls/breaks after the first good slug.

Where in VA?

Got a pretty dusting, I wouldn't quite say an inch here in central AA county. It's still lightly falling but the radar appears to be dissolving. It was pretty, but it's rather disheartening to know that temps in the teens right now lose way to steady rain eventually.

Even 2-3" would've made me smile more... My snow happy begins when I can't see the grass anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived