Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high is actually west of that per SPC mesoanalysis. Stretched from about eastern NY down the coast to this area.

But, it's basically exactly where forecast. Just not much indication it would be precipitating this early from the globals at the least.

Ls8jTRJ.png

My recollection is that the models 48 hours ago(perhaps 60-72)had the high just east of Maine at 6z Monday morning

The high is actually west of that per SPC mesoanalysis. Stretched from about eastern NY down the coast to this area. 

But, it's basically exactly where forecast. Just not much indication it would be precipitating this early from the globals at the least.

Ls8jTRJ.png

agree this is WAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!

My recollection is that the models 48 hours ago had the high just east of Maine at 6z Monday morning

That's as far back as I can get the Euro but at 6z it was mostly targeting western Mass in the last few days. Due south of Maine by 18z. DCA has SE winds since 6, Dulles has SE winds since 8, so unless we get in situ CAD to strongly take over the process is already underway. This stuff is way early overall.. as recently as yesterday the consensus for accumulated QPF was like 9z or a little earlier right around here. Always been a case that early is good.

My friend is at Massanuten and i just got off the phone with him and he said he just measured 1.4".

Dulles sounding probably wetbulbed to like -15C in snow growth zone, should be great ratios to start at least.

Archived