SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this wedge hold and possibly move even more west over ATL or will it retreat and warm up?

we're done around here; moderate rain now.  We just crept above 32 imby; another "near" miss, unfortunately..

​Gainesville might get some light icing but the heavy stuff will warm things above freezing.

26.5, freezing rain. Treacherous. Portions of US221 and I-40 is shutdown here in the county. Emergency management advising for everyone to get off the roads. Red Cross is opening shelters for stranded motorists.

the roads are the worst I have ever seen them. It's virtually impossible to drive on them tonight

Gross, we've gone from cold and drizzle to cold and real rain and now it's cold and thunder and high gusts.  Radar shows the line is just overhead (western Douglas County), so this should pass shortly and head on eastward to dump on Atlanta and northern suburbs

Miserable night to be outside.

Good Ole Jeb Walks. Had a great one during the evening of the last storm in January. Just had one a few minutes ago however, its a little slick :)

Named after Jebman, a Mid-Atlantic member. A walk that occurs during and immediately after a snowstorm. Jeb walks are known to be epic. Jeb walks are one of the main reasons I travel to see a good snowfall.

Jeb was an old poster who was famous for his long walks in the snow.

Still 34 and pouring. Just had a huge clap of thunder.

Everthing is covered in ice outside. Sitting at 30 in the wedge with returns building into the county. 

That east wind proves the surface wedge is eroding. Next several hours temps will be climbing fast

Oh, yeah, definitely.  Looks like we will hit freezing around midnight and hang around the low 30s a couple hours afterwards, then it's a race to 50 degrees.  The HRRR increases our temperature by eight degrees in one hour at one point.

I am surprised RDU is still holding on to 32/31 as of 9 PM.

The wind map is pretty cool right now: http://hint.fm/wind/  Like you said, you can see the winds shifting towards a more easterly orientation, which should bring milder air off the Atlantic.

Oh, yeah, definitely. Looks like we will hit freezing around midnight and hang around the low 30s a couple hours afterwards, then it's a race to 50 degrees. The HRRR increases our temperature by eight degrees in one hour at one point.

I'm shocked that Greenville SC is still 29. Makes me wonder how I go to rain here.

Oh, yeah, definitely.  Looks like we will hit freezing around midnight and hang around the low 30s a couple hours afterwards, then it's a race to 50 degrees.  The HRRR increases our temperature by eight degrees in one hour at one point.

The wind map is pretty cool right now: http://hint.fm/wind/

Prob before than. Yall could hit 50 by 8am easily. 

Archived