• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

We're under the same cell. It stretches from northern Davidson county all the way to High Point. A number of gold-colored radar returns embedded in it.

Yeah, I see that on radar.  Looks like a summertime popcorn thunderstorm cell or something.  Pretty crazy.  It's pouring rain now.  I'd assume it's plain RN at this point unless we've dropped a degree since midnight.  KGSO's 1 AM obs should be out anytime (I don't have my own weather station, but I only live 4 miles from the airport, so I usually just use that).

EDIT: Yep, up to 33/33 now.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I see that on radar.  Looks like a summertime popcorn thunderstorm cell or something.  Pretty crazy.  It's pouring rain now.  I'd assume it's plain RN at this point unless we've dropped a degree since midnight.  KGSO's 1 AM obs should be out anytime (I don't have my own weather station, but I only live 4 miles from the airport, so I usually just use that).

EDIT: Yep, up to 33/33 now.

31.3 here. It matches other stations in my immediate area. Need that warmer air in HP over here!

Holy sh*t!! This is unreal. 32.0 still and the trees etc are looking really really bad. It was supposed to be in the mid 40s by now. Talk about one heck of a cad. Surprised I still have power.

Yeah, NAM and GGEM nailed the CAD! The little clipper coming this afternoon looks robust and will definately bring moisture down my way, cause I will be 50 degrees! :)

My temperature has actually DROPPED from 31 back down to 30. Wow. Pretty sure I was supposed to be in the 40s by now. What a hellacious CAD event.

The event was officially ALL frozen for me. I never expected that. We had HEAVY ZR all night. Over a thousand power outages in my county and neighboring counties. Very surprised mine's still on. It blinked sometime before 4:30am though.

Still can't believe my temperature just dropped lol.

Archived