Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frenchie did well, too. Euro and GFS were awful. But some folks just flat out dismissed every model but the Euro. Even certain mets.

Agreed. For the life of me I couldn't understand why some red taggers hugged the euro so hard. Maybe they weren't familiar with CAD and how poorly the euro does in CAD and how poorly Euro has done in general lately.

Agreed. For the life of me I couldn't understand why some red taggers hugged the euro so hard. Maybe they weren't familiar with CAD and how poorly the euro does in CAD and how poorly Euro has done in general lately.

I'd say the Euro did a good job with the placement of the main features but a pretty poor job with sensible weather.

Just to clarify, Euro was horrendous with this event as well as the GFS. Canadian, RGEM, and NAM were spot on. File this away for the next CAD event.

I think you got it backwards lmao. The last few were way overdone showing 1-2 feet plus on their snow maps in the mountains. GFS and EURO did really well with added human input like the WPC did. They said a few degrees colder and longer to erode and picked the GFS. It verified spot on with the thump of snow and now the ice. 

I think you got it backwards lmao. The last few were way overdone showing 1-2 feet plus on their snow maps in the mountains. GFS and EURO did really well with added human input like the WPC did. They said a few degrees colder and longer to erode and picked the GFS. It verified spot on with the thump of snow and now the ice.

GFS had upstate in mid 40s at this point lol. It wasn't even close

We're getting moderate to heavy freezing rain here south of Gainesville....our temp here is 31 and yes, we did just have some semblance of a thunderstorm roll through here about 10 minutes ago....decent lightning but looks like accrual will be to a minimum here as well......the band of precip is running through pretty quickly.

- Buck

Archived