Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highway patrol is telling people to stay home in the Triangle and there are wrecks all over the place because of ice.

http://wral.com/15368964

I'm staying home at least until noon; maybe all day. Had a friend at work (down in Raleigh) email and said he got on the road to go to work and immediately started sliding. He turn around and went home.

About 2 inches of accumulation snow and sleet overnight. 

Currently, sleet mixed with zr. 23.

Thought I might be far enough north to hang with the snow a little longer. No such luck. Now I pray for more sleet than zr till the wedge breaks, which might be awhile.

Wish I had been wrong about the ice storm. Widespread power outages look probable.

19/17 with Snow/Sleet mix. Those sleet pellets are pretty big too.

I woke up at 3:30am and we were still all snow, then woke up at 8:00am and we were at a mix. Went out amd measured 4.1" after who knows how much compaction. Probably closer to 4.5" if I had measured before the sleet.

Now we wait. NWS says I get up to 32 today after saying 31 yesterday. Have a long way to go, but we'll see. Looks like we're right on the southern edge of the precip stream.

19/17 with Snow/Sleet mix. Those sleet pellets are pretty big too.

I woke up at 3:30am and we were still all snow, then woke up at 8:00am and we were at a mix. Went out amd measured 4.1" after who knows how much compaction. Probably closer to 4.5" if I had measured before the sleet.

Now we wait. NWS says I get up to 32 today after saying 31 yesterday. Have a long way to go, but we'll see. Looks like we're right on the southern edge of the precip stream.

Amazing you got 2 inches more than me and you are 35 miles away and a couple hundred feet higher. We were on the southern edge all evening, im sure places like Chatham and Gretna have a lot more than 2.5

Archived