joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecast just increased to 1-3" snow overnight. 1" tomorrow. Lowered my high for tomorrow but eventually do go above freezing late.

Looks like possible ice storm to my direct south and west.

Best wishes to all for limited zr accrual.

We haven't seen anything here yet last I checked. Just south of you.

Are you sure that is IP?  Pretty sure the atmosphere is still easily below freezing.  Could be graupel or something.

Anyways, looks like this is another storm where I wished I lived 10 miles north, LOL.  Always.  Can't really complain, though... 1" or whatever we have is more than I expected at this juncture, and areas not far to my south got much less or nothing.  The HRRR says we get it going good again in a few hours.

Are you sure that is IP?  Pretty sure the atmosphere is still easily below freezing.  Could be graupel or something.

Anyways, looks like this is another storm where I wished I lived 10 miles north, LOL.  Always.  Can't really complain, though... 1" or whatever we have is more than I expected at this juncture, and areas not far to my south got much less or nothing.

I had all sleet last 30 minutes before it stopped, I was surprised too!!!

Anyways, looks like this is another storm where I wished I lived 10 miles north, LOL.  Always.  Can't really complain, though... 1" or whatever we have is more than I expected at this juncture, and areas not far to my south got much less or nothing.

Well James, I'm over 50 miles north of you and I'm about to get the dry slot treatment too. What happened to that Atlantic moisture feed? lol Anyway I'm just about to eclipse the 2" mark if we can stay in it for a little while longer.

Well James, I'm over 50 miles north of you and I'm about to get the dry slot treatment too. What happened to that Atlantic moisture feed? lol Anyway I'm just about to eclipse the 2" mark if we can stay in it for a little while longer.

Pretty much all of the modeling had nothing for us until the wee hours of the morning, so I look at all of this as basically a bonus round, anyways.  I'm anxious for that 3 AM timeframe.  Looks like it could be pretty interesting at this point, though it'll be a race against the mid-levels warming up at that point.

Pretty much all of the modeling had nothing for us until the wee hours of the morning, so I look at all of this as basically a bonus round, anyways.  I'm anxious for that 3 AM timeframe.  Looks like it could be pretty interesting at this point, though it'll be a race against the mid-levels warming up at that point.

Exactly. It always seems like in the past, if we get a sustained lull in precip after an initial snow thump, it always comes back as sleet.

19/17 with decent snow right now. Forecasted low was 21.

Archived