• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

I dunno, looking at the radar the timing forecast may have been off but the QPF and track may end up dead on. I see a quick 1-2" here in the triad and then we dry up for quite a while. By the time the LP moves in with enhanced moisture the temps may become problematic. Fun to watch for sure. I just hope we can decipher which model had this one nailed when its over.

The HRRR earlier was firing up another band over us around 3-5 AM as of a run or two ago (haven't looked since). We'll see if that happens or not, though. Of course, I don't think the HRRR had this band at all, so LOL...

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow continues. 21/19, or a few degrees colder than any model showed. Looks like the best returns are sinking south of here, though there's some more precip firing in the foothills, it would appear (not sure that will make it here or not). I figure we probably have around an inch.

I'm just south of you and it is not sinking to here so far.  I just went outside to make sure and there has not been a flake, pellet, drop or any other form of precip in MBY.  I have a black grill cover that shows every flake when the temps are like they are tonight and a glass table that also shows anything that falls.  Totally dry.  

I'm just south of you and it is not sinking to here so far.  I just went outside to make sure and there has not been a flake, pellet, drop or any other form of precip in MBY.  I have a black grill cover that shows every flake when the temps are like they are tonight and a glass table that also shows anything that falls.  Totally dry.

Looks like there's some better echoes over your area now. Maybe it'll start coming down soon? Kind of crazy. I'm surprised it isn't doing anything there.

Looks like the batch is redeveloping to our west and north, so this might not be over, either.

Looks like there's some better echoes over your area now. Maybe it'll start coming down soon? Kind of crazy. I'm surprised it isn't doing anything there.

Looks like the batch is redeveloping to our west and north, so this might not be over, either.

My temp is steady at 24º.  Dewpoint has risen from 2º to 18º.  It has just been to dry for anything to reach the ground at the rate it is falling up above..

This has the potential make my personal best archives as the biggest virga /slash / disapointment screw job snows of all time. All you can do is laugh at it.

Don't worry.  We will have a lot of company when the rain starts tomorrow.  I really never expected much here from this one. 

Archived