• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

Next hour ppl from Raleigh will be reporting. If that.  Ive been looking at that band. Nice band setting up from Greensboro to Benson.

I would expect to see some reports of flakes from Mebane, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill and Durham over the next hour based on radar, and mPing.
f12cdfe78f5c32ac7a481b2adabb7b25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there is a little to nothing chance for the CSRA, (North Augusta/Augusta/Aiken area), but it has been a few degrees colder than predicted all day.  Went to our farm today in the central midlands and the waterers in the chicken house and turkey coop were frozen.  Okay, they ARE in the shade.  The animals were all sticking close to their barns and shelters though, like they were waiting to hunker down....I can hope!

My 18 year old daughter and her boyfriend are at a restaurant. I'm a nervous wreck about them driving back home.

The police are becoming irritated and shutting some roads down. Wait time for highway patrol in the western counties is in the hours due to so many accidents. A lot of people were not expecting accumulating snow so early.

Radar looks like a great lake event. Streamer east to west between me and I 40 just hanging over same spot. Nada still. I've been burnt by BL a couple of times in fact drove 10 Miles from my house in Dec 2009 and went from brown gtound to 3 inches. But I've never been skunked like this with a solid all snow sounding and precip 15 to 20 minute drive away.

If you guys will use mossaic radar, you'll see this band it will bring the goods and should cut through triangle in a hour or so. Also I'll recover cause more echoes are blossoming south of it back toward foothills. You g I t to get under the 20 dbz's and you'll turn white in 20 minutes.

So you are saying a band will be coming through mine and your area soon with snow?  :whistle:

Archived