SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Presidents Day storm Part 2

Ji

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The late raise almost never works well. Then again my opinion doesn't really get weighted anymore for these forecasts. :P

We're probably being stupid but saw the NAM and Euro giving a pretty good thump and the GFS forecast though lower still would generally fit within the range so it was sort of a compromise. 

You may be right...this initial thump looks promising in a way it didn't yesterday.  You and I could have some snow on the ground by midnight or earlier

We should use it. I agree they usually don't which worries me but i'm not sure we had a choice once the Euro went wet.

Looks like I missed the email chain today. I haven't chimed in all that much really. Prob ok though did the euro really show 4-6? Seemed snow maps were too snowy given changeover time. Basically same range anyway, just does seem late shifts don't always work out.

Looks like I missed the email chain today. I haven't chimed in all that much really. Prob ok though did the euro really show 4-6? Seemed snow maps were too snowy given changeover time. Basically same range anyway, just does seem late shifts don't always work out.

It did bump up to 4 to 6.  i think 6 is unlikely but we thought someone might in the area might get 5.  As quick as the precip seems to be moving in based on radar we are OK unless it also moves out quicker than forecast which is always possible. 

Archived