SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/12-13 Snow Showers

snowfan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it to some degree. All is takes is one bus coming back from a road game to slide off 95 and parents will be losing their minds over the decision to play. The schools are really in a can't win situation with this stuff. Either it doesn't produce and a bunch of parents roast the school system for calling things off for nothing (kinda like the snow event that was too warm the other day) or they let things go as scheduled and something bad happens and they freak out about safety. It's the way things are in this day and age. Everyone just waiting to file a lawsuit. Very soft society.

short range models (like the HRRR i posted above) show it as a line of snow showers moving across the state (similar to a line of storms associated with a front in the summer). Most everyone should see something, but some places may see better batches of precip than others. 

And since I do so well with those, I will say I am out.  Flakes would be a victory.

Just give me the epic squall line with the arctic front we had either last year or the year before. The ground literally went from dry to completely white in about 10 minutes. It also came with wind which made it virtual whiteout conditions.

I got completely crushed by that squall last year. It hit on 2/14 last year.

Here's the video i took. Blizzard conditions.

https://youtu.be/bRHV74J-Lzo

Agreed.  It's just nauseating at this point.  

wx peeps think they need to hold people's hands and treat them like children. it's obviously worth a heads up but telling people to be home for the night before the chance arrives.. heh.

wx peeps think they need to hold people's hands and treat them like children. it's obviously worth a heads up but telling people to be home for the night before the chance arrives.. heh.

I agree but do see the need for taking precautions. You see all the time on the news horrific accidents on highways located in the midwest and great lakes during squalls and those area see that type of weather frequently in the winter. 

I get chills just thinking about that day. From the anticipation to the whiteout to the flash freeze of my 2" of powder to the big cold and wind that night. The perfect event. A++++++

Makes me sick every time Bob posts those pics.

It lasted about 10 min out here.  Maybe a 1/4 inch....maybe.

People that made out best last year were the ones that got the pre-frontal snow. There was an area of snow that developed out ahead of the main squall. MoCo thru HoCo thru north central AA seemed to jackpot. I know I was pushing 3" for the event and the wind howled that night.

Archived