Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Cliff Jumpers.

Eastatlwx

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top ten phrases that will be used on Monday in the storm thread:

10.We should have known the colder models weren't handling the wedge right- they always underperform.

9. With no blocking in place the parent high just wasn't going to get the job done.

8. The Euro is king for a reason and never gave most of us anything appreciable.

7. I'll never believe when that model shows that again.

6. Oh well, ready for Spring and severe weather season anyway.

5. WAA is always underestimated and stronger that we expect. 

4. The cold was always borderline and wasn't even the coldest airmass of the winter. 

3. I never expected this storm to produce anything more than a token flake or pellet for my area.

2. The writing was on the wall

1. This was never going to be a big storm for folks in......

10.We should have known the colder models weren't handling the wedge right- they always underperform.

9. With no blocking in place the parent high just wasn't going to get the job done.

8. The Euro is king for a reason and never gave most of us anything appreciable.

4. The cold was always borderline and wasn't even the coldest airmass of the winter. 

3. I never expected this storm to produce anything more than a token flake or pellet for my area.

I think you've covered it there, ice.  That was pretty good.

It's the SE, you pretty much going to have this 99% of the time with winter storms..... Very rare do we have a clear cut winter storm in advance! 

You could add this from Brick..."I'm thinking we might have some decent winter precip, but then again, we might not"

Well I've had this itch and resisted but on February 22nd it's time to face the music. Last time I get to say it but I absolutely despise strong El ninos. This winter outside of a 8 day stretch In January has been horrendous. Should have figured out after 97/98 and spending the whole month of December torching. Ended up less than 50% climo and 99 percent of that was sleet. Season DJF will end up above normal. All that harping on how February was going to be our month just be patient didn't work out so well. Anyway time to go fishing and get the garden ready if it ever dries out enough. Can't wait to start the 5 month stretch of 90/70. RIP winter 15/16 see you boys at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived