Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Cliff Jumpers.

Eastatlwx

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the south temps are usually so borderline for snow anyway. Throw in global warming and most of us outside the mountains will probably never see snow again in 20-30 years.

I was amazed when someone showed me an article following you guys 2014 snow jam event that said it was only the 2nd snow event in Atlanta since 1995 where the temperature was below 36 when the snow came in. That is just crazy.

in the south temps are usually so borderline for snow anyway. Throw in global warming and most of us outside the mountains will probably never see snow again in 20-30 years.

Recent years don't show any evidence of that. Look at the map posted on page one. Most of the Deep South is above 1981-2010 climo in the last decade. The areas below climo are the further north areas, like mine, though we have been above climo since 2009.

Recent years don't show any evidence of that. Look at the map posted on page one. Most of the Deep South is above 1981-2010 climo in the last decade. The areas below climo are the further north areas, like mine, though we have been above climo since 2009.

In his area 09-10 and 10-11 probably accounted for 90% of that though. I don't recall forecasting many other snow events in GA outside of those years

Wrong. Try reading what I actually said. I said it could go either way, and things usury change here just a few hours before the storm when it comes to winter weather. That's all I was saying about the models showing less precip for tomorrow. But it could still go either way.

You'll jump. You'll see. Come March 32 and no snow, you'll be over!

Okay. Not sure what the point in jumping in the first place. It's going to do what it's going to do. So much can happen for winter storms to bust here either way, so no use getting upset about it. It could be a dud or overperform. Either way, whatever happens happens. Life goes on.

It's not a real cliff, Brick, and you don't really jump. Nobody is upset and ready to call it quits on life. It's all just a big joke, really. We're just here to have fun. Don't have so much pessimism at our fun. Join us at the bottom of the cliff*!

*Disclaimer: Cliff is not a real cliff. Jus a metaphor for giving up.

I won't be able to make it to any cliffs to dive from after that GGEM run... My yard would be a frozen glacier 6" deep with vehicles encased in 1-1.5" of ZR.

the best way to save your self heart distress from this event not happening( the weenie part of you I am talking to because I know you prob don't want a ton of ice) is to simply jump with a parachute.

I started the season without even climbing the mountain, so I can't cliff jump.  I've been sitting at spectator's distance from the bottom with my nice cup of hot tea watching you all mill around on the edge up there for months.

Nothing I saw in November convinced me that this was going to become the fantabulous winter so many people said it would, and nothing I've seen so far (or see coming up in what remains of February) has me convinced it will get any better.  It's just not the year for it.

All I really expected from this winter was a few brief cold shots to kill off some bugs and stuff, and we got that.  The little flizzard earlier this week was cute, too.

A handful of analogs from within the last 100 years, out of the millions of years prior... we don't know jack. :)

Archived