Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Cliff Jumpers.

Eastatlwx

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys... It does look bleak (for Mondays storm) but there is still a little hope things will trend our way. It needs to happen soon, like tonight but it can still happen. I still think the depth of cold air is not modeled correctly and the models will start to shift east. Enough for my backyard, maybe not. But maybe for the western sections. I'll probably go to 0z tomorrow night before I give it up.  

It's really funny how hard it is to get an inch of snow to fall. One inch of real, genuine snow. Snow that sticks on the ground. Show where you don't have to worry about it being 35 degrees with the ground temps at 45. Snow that falls during the day and piles up on the ground all the way up to one inch high. Snow that falls in the dead of winter, while the sun angle is low. Snow that falls at a rate of more than one flake per square meter. Snow. Pure, cold, daytime, mid-winter snow. It's really quite comical in the end.

You know how I feel about that....climate is a changing :-). If by early 2020's we don't see a change then we might have to move to NoVa to see snow. You know it's going to be 150% climo season there at a minimum.

Come on guys... It does look bleak (for Mondays storm) but there is still a little hope things will trend our way. It needs to happen soon, like tonight but it can still happen. I still thing the depth of cold air is not modeled correctly and the models will start to shift east. Enough for my backyard, maybe not. But maybe for the western sections. I'll probably go to 0z tomorrow night before I give it up.

We can't have the SLP tracking up in TN, we need it down in GA somewhere to get some QPF that spits out ahead while wedge is in place. Still very much on table, assuming you want an ice storm.

We can't have the SLP tracking up in TN, we need it down in GA somewhere to get some QPF that spits out ahead while wedge is in place. Still very much on table, assuming you want an ice storm.

I like any kind of winter weather. I would assume an ice storm would be the best case for us at this point. I'm with CR a good snow storm would be nice. If this ends up being all the winter storms we get, it will definitely be a fail winter. 2.5" sleet doesn't pass.

I like any kind of winter weather. I would assume an ice storm would be the best case for us at this point. I'm with CR a good snow storm would be nice. If this ends up being all the winter storms we get, it will definitely be a fail winter. 2.5" sleet doesn't pass.

Can't believe Fab Feb let us down , even with an extra day! Best storms come in March, our biggest snows!

o why yes! I have been thinking about changing the thread title.

I want to make it clear to everyone that there is three categorical weenies cliff death scenarios.

The first one comes from what is called as a Walker. These among the three are defined by there depressed nature. These weenies have become so sad about an threat dying out that they can see absolutely no hope in front of them.

The second one is called a jumper. These people are just tired of hearing about a threat from weenies that does not actually exist.

The third one is what is called as a divers. These individuals are psychotically enthusiastic about jumping. why? because they hold grudges about other people on the weather forums and hope their forecast turn out to be wrong. This is a general rule, however there are some exceptions. One notable one is there just happen to able to not have to worry about worrying anymore.

o why yes! I have been thinking about changing the thread title.

I want to make it clear to everyone that there is three categorical weenies cliff death scenarios.

The first one comes from what is called as a Walker. These among the three are defined by there depressed nature. These weenies have become so sad about an threat dying out that they can see absolutely no hope in front of them.

The second one is called a jumper. These people are just tired of hearing about a threat from weenies that does not actually exist.

The third one is what is called as a divers. These individuals are psychotically enthusiastic about jumping. why? because they hold grudges about other people on the weather forums and hope their forecast turn out to be wrong. This is a general rule, however there are some exceptions. One notable one is there just happen to able to not have to worry about worrying anymore.

The period at the end of the title is my favorite part!

From JB-------  One more comment about the storm . I will change this if I have to Sunday or Monday, I posted my reasons, including the little known "Stokols rule" which works like a charm in DC. I can read maps as well as the next guy and if a 976 low is over Buffalo, I understand the implications. The model closest to the way I envision this is the FIM9fim_tsnow_conus2_28.png

This place cracks me up. Just move on folks. Embrace the coming spring. Prepare for it. And just about the time you finally let go of this insane idea of a real winter event....Boom! Burger gets to drop the hammer on a sneaker wave that even the models didnt see coming and we all end up with 8" of snowman mix in late March. Just in time to water in the new fescue.

Let..it..go!

This place cracks me up. Just move on folks. Embrace the coming spring. Prepare for it. And just about the time you finally let go of this insane idea of a real winter event....Boom! Burger gets to drop the hammer on a sneaker wave that even the models didnt see coming and we all end up with 8" of snowman mix in late March. Just in time to water in the new fescue.

Let..it..go!

No sneaker waves. Technology is too good now. Models don't always get it right but they don't miss much from a surprise standpoint. This isn't 10yrs ago or even 5

Let..it..go!

But but this is all we have, it's what we live for! No weather no life!!! lol  :pimp:  Enjoy your Ice storm Monday! 

No sneaker waves. Technology is too good now. Models don't always get it right but they don't miss much from a surprise standpoint. This isn't 10yrs ago or even 5

Hoohockey! Its gonna be so dang cold this weekend I could fart in Columbia and trigger an overrunning snowstorm in the Triad. There are always unexpected events when dealing with mother nature!

Archived