Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAH at 11:00AM

A DEEP -8 DEGREE CELSIUS COLD NOSE NEAR THE SURFACE(PER KGSO RAOB)HAS SUPPORTED PERIODS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE SLEET AND SNOW WITHIN THEHEAVIER PRECIP BANDS THIS MORNING. WE'VE SEEN A LIGHT COATING ACROSSTHE CENTRAL PIEDMONT/TRIANGLE REGION FROM THIS QUICK BURST OF SLEETBUT CONFIDENCE REMAINS HIGH THAT CONTINUED SIGNIFICANT WARMING ALOFTTHIS MORNING WILL SUPPORT PREDOMINATELY LIGHT FREEZINGRAIN/DRIZZLE...WITH THE INLAND RETREAT OF A COASTAL/WARM FRONTLEADING TO A RAPID CHANGEOVER TO RAIN/DRIZZLE FROM SOUTHEAST TONORTHWEST ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA DURING THE AFTERNOON. IN THEHEART OF THE DAMMING REGION...ACROSS THE NORTHWEST/NORTHERNPIEDMONT(WARNING AREA)...IT WILL BE VERY HARD TO DISLODGE THE VERYCOLD AIR...AND THIS IS THE AREA THAT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO SEE SOMESIGNIFICANT ICING THIS EVENING BEFORE PRECIP CHANGES OVER TO ALLRAIN AFTER 06Z.  

Hey Mackerel, you now showing 26 with NE winds at 10

I have a feeling it is going to be very dangerous come commute time.

Yeah I'm off today, but on noon news, they said some of hwy 11 was shut down due to wrecks . If we get precip in here heavy enough, and temps don't budge, could be serious! I've been between 28-29 all morning , W/ NE winds! Looks atleast 4-5 hours away from heavy stuff in Ga getting up this way! That meso high in VA may be what is holding the cold! Seeing people in triad complaining about warming temps, but have seen several time where RAH is 40-50 and we are wedged at 29-30! Just a watch game now, watch temps and radar, hope temps go up, if you like power!

Watching the radar closely and will be heading home if I see it show anything substantial coming this way. I work downtown, about 15-20 minutes north of my house but I think it's going to be ok. Right now GSP area just has spotty drizzle and flurries in places. It's looked the same on the radar all day. I'm watching all the little puffs of precip come in from the SC coast. We are still right at 28*F downtown. Temp hasn't really moved since 10:30 am when we were 26*F.

Yeah I'm off today, but on noon news, they said some of hwy 11 was shut down due to wrecks . If we get precip in here heavy enough, and temps don't budge, could be serious! I've been between 28-29 all morning , W/ NE winds! Looks atleast 4-5 hours away from heavy stuff in Ga getting up this way! That meso high in VA may be what is holding the cold! Seeing people in triad complaining about warming temps, but have seen several time where RAH is 40-50 and we are wedged at 29-30! Just a watch game now, watch temps and radar, hope temps go up, if you like power!

That wedge is holding strong without any precip for me here in Pickens. I've risen 2° since 2am this morning from 26 now up to 28. I'm thinking we at the highest 30 when the heavy stuff moves in and I would think that spells trouble!

12z Euro follows the Nam and now tracks the low through the Piedmont of NC. That will possibly allow WNC to get in on some backside snow.

Still watching for flooding rains across the western Carolinas. 850mb wind speeds exceed 50 knots tonight on the NAM and Euro. Increasing chance for moderate upslope-induced showers ahead of the main line of storms and ground is frozen solid. Something to watch tonight. Could be a lot of run off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived