Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questions we need to answer, just like always...

Timing   as the cold air moves out

High Placement and how fast it slides OTS  too fast

CAD Strength   average

QPF   less than we want

Low Placement  a bit to far inland for some

AND

How many disappointed people?  lots

Questions we need to answer, just like always...

Timing   as the cold air moves out

High Placement and how fast it slides OTS  too fast

CAD Strength   average

QPF   less than we want

Low Placement  a bit to far inland for some

AND

How many disappointed people?  lots

Yep, that pretty much covers it. Close the thread. Lock it up.

Tell you that french model dI'd pretty good at 5 h with the past weekend storm. And best of all it stayed consistent. Let's see how it does with this little event, maybe we have a new resource along with the new euro that will wait till dead of summer to roll out. Course in summer all the models are right 90/70 for about 120 straight days.

I'm way confident we see a high impact to major winter storm here in triad monday. Biggest fear is the ice is gonna be a big culprit. Just pray through frNf rain can hang out in someone else's county.

im not positive but we seem to be in a pretty good spot. I think timing of precip will be key. Getting here before 9 am as opposed to 3pm will make a world of difference. 6 am would be ideal. TW

Roberts latest Facebook post seems not as positive for wintry weather! Says the amped up stonger , inland runner is definately a possibility, and would mean a brief wintry event at onset, then quick change to rain, and congrats to KY! Usual disclosures apply, just didnt seem as excited as yesterday

I'm not sure he has seen the French model yet. :)

This system seems to be a rain storm for most of the southeast maybe the mountains get in on the action but the rest of us it should be rain. Going to be warm Monday afternoon in most parts according to weather.com and I have a feeling we will be seeing our old friend "Cold Rain" with the storm early next week. Models seem to be trending worse and worse not better. Some models have different solutions but one thing that seems to be a common outlook is the lack of snow. I would rather have cold rain then freezing rain any day of the week.

Roberts latest Facebook post seems not as positive for wintry weather! Says the amped up stonger , inland runner is definately a possibility, and would mean a brief wintry event at onset, then quick change to rain, and congrats to KY! Usual disclosures apply, just didnt seem as excited as yesterday

Just don't see how this can move nw with that strong of a H pressure up north

Love Robert but the models can only "not be handling" so much. I think they have a good amount figured out already and a majority of the SE won't like that solution.

Archived