• Created
  • Last Reply

take a look here

loop

http://climate.cod.edu/flanis/analysis/rapmeso/index.php?type=US-wvvor-25

rapwvvor.20160215.03.gif

I am looking for an early start to the snowfall

Upton says 2pm..lets see

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=80&y=201&site=okx&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=80&map_y=201#.VsFQN0KVv8s

------------------

Relative Humidity

the amount of water vapor present in air expressed as a percentage of the amount needed for saturation at the same temperature.

700mb.gif?1455509325738

radar

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?type=VA_WV-rad-0-24&checked=&prodDim=100&overDim=100

Tommy I agree. The 700 mb maps do not match the precip printouts .

When it comes to WAA , precip will usually break out ahead of what's modeled.

The hi res NAM thinks so .I would like to have the RGEM on my side but all the models show more saturation than precip so I will side with the 700 mb maps before the precip ones .

I like an area wide 2 to 3 with 4 inch amounts N and W .

Strongest winds in our area look to be out across Long Island tomorrow as there is currently a

HWW in areas just east of Suffolk.

Boston AFD for areas just east of Suffolk county:

THE MOST UNCERTAIN PORTION OF THE FORECAST DEALS WITH THE RISK FOR A
BRIEF PERIOD OF STRONG TO PERHAPS DAMAGING WIND GUSTS TUE AFTERNOON
AND EVENING. THIS IS A TYPICAL CASE WITH A 90+ KNOT LOW LEVEL JET
OVER A STRONG INVERSION. THIS ALWAYS IS A CHALLENGE TO FORECAST AS
MOST OF THE WIND OFTEN REMAINS JUST ABOVE THE GROUND.
HOWEVER...THERE SOMETIMES IS A 1 TO 3 HOUR WINDOW WHERE SOME OF THE
STRONGER WINDS ATTEMPT TO MIX DOWN AND THIS SITUATION DOES HAVE AT
LEAST SOME POTENTIAL. STRONG PRESSURE FALLS ARE NOTED TOWARDS 00Z
ALONG WITH THE HIGH RESOLUTION GUIDANCE SHOWING THE POTENTIAL FOR A
FINE LINE...WHICH MAY EVEN RESULT IN A RUMBLE OR TWO OF THUNDER. THE
MAIN CONCERN THOUGH IS IF THIS FINE LINE DEVELOPS...IT WILL BRING
THE POTENTIAL FOR A BRIEF PERIOD OF STRONG TO DAMAGING WINDS. HAVE
ISSUED A HIGH WIND WATCH FOR MUCH OF EASTERN MA AND SOUTHERN RHODE
ISLAND. LATER SHIFTS CAN BETTER DETERMINE ON WHETHER THE BEST
COURSE OF ACTION IS TO CONVERT TO ADVISORIES OR WARNINGS. ITS ALSO
POSSIBLE THE THREAT FOR WIND ADVISORIES MAY EXIST FURTHER WEST THAN
WHERE WE HAVE PLACED THE WATCH.

Nam has 2-3 now for NYC. JB is getting worried that 3-6 inches might fall in NYC.

JB
A winter storm warning has been issued around DC as the snow is coming in thickly with the wave I am counting on to leave a boundary behind that will have a tough time getting into the areas getting what is a snowstorm today, I like 3-6 in DC fading to 1-3 around NYC, but am getting more concerned this just comes up the I-95 corridor and carries the 3-6 into NYC, Amazing that was the first forecast there and what has changing it got me? Its back west of that where the snow is overforecasted, but the battle now becomes is it a big ice storm

Nam has 2-3 now for NYC. JB is getting worried that 3-6 inches might fall in NYC.

JB

A winter storm warning has been issued around DC as the snow is coming in thickly with the wave I am counting on to leave a boundary behind that will have a tough time getting into the areas getting what is a snowstorm today, I like 3-6 in DC fading to 1-3 around NYC, but am getting more concerned this just comes up the I-95 corridor and carries the 3-6 into NYC, Amazing that was the first forecast there and what has changing it got me? Its back west of that where the snow is overforecasted, but the battle now becomes is it a big ice storm

There are some decent reflectivities but already mixed precip is showing up off SE NJ, I think the RGEM may be too fast changing the 5 boroughs over but an average of 3-6 will require some sort of banding

Hopefully the higher rain totals verify. We need the surface low to track as far East as possible.

With all due respect, why would we want so much rain? Do we need it? Or do you just like the pouring rain ( and that is fine I guess, albeit a little unusual ) because I'm not a fan of flooding basements and such....do you think we will get that much rain?

The 12z RGEM is actually significantly snowier than the 06z run was. Doubled totals in places.

I really don't know what to think but I am worried about my wife and son driving home from New Brunswick on 287 this evening. I am off today for the holiday, but son is at Rutgers and they don't cancel for this kind of thing. I would be worried about ice, Tomorrow looks ok with high temps and no ice issues.

The 12z RGEM is actually significantly snowier than the 06z run was. Doubled totals in places.

As was both nams, rgem is still low imo especially for the city...

My call right now would be

2-4" immediate metro

2-4" central jersey

3-5" NENJ

3-6" NWNJ

4-6" EPA

3-6" LHV South of 84

4-6" Mid Hudson valley

6-8" extreme north and west burbs (100-200 miles from city)

Archived