joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With temps around zero tonight the ground temps will make an icy go tomorrow night even it it changes over to rain.

Regardless of what happens, this will be the most snow some of us have seen up here, so I'm not being picky, it will look wintry tomorrow evening and I'm looking fowaRd to it, Tuesday rain can come Idc lol

Regardless of what happens, this will be the most snow some of us have seen up here, so I'm not being picky, it will look wintry tomorrow evening and I'm looking fowaRd to it, Tuesday rain can come Idc lol

For sure we will take it. Have to watch trees and power lines with snow some zr then rain adding weight to them.

Just had my generac propane gen installed last week, whole house is wired to it, so I'll welcome an outage lol

what did that cost ya? I have gas heat so can hook one up to the gas supply, my gasoline generator is all varnished up because you can't run it out for some reason. WIth Irene, Snowtober and Sandy power outages have become a nasty reality in these parts. We usually avoid the ice tho with a quick changeover to rain in these parts. I've seen these set ups before and if it follows past patterns, there will be enough snow to muck things up and send the plows and salters out before the changeover. I think we will be good for 3 or so before changeover.

what did that cost ya? I have gas heat so can hook one up to the gas supply, my gasoline generator is all varnished up because you can't run it out for some reason. WIth Irene, Snowtober and Sandy power outages have become a nasty reality in these parts. We usually avoid the ice tho with a quick changeover to rain in these parts. I've seen these set ups before and if it follows past patterns, there will be enough snow to muck things up and send the plows and salters out before the changeover. I think we will be good for 3 or so before changeover.

Generator was 2500, my buddy is an electrician so I didn't pay install, I'm sure it would be about 500 for install atleast

take a look here

loop

http://climate.cod.edu/flanis/analysis/rapmeso/index.php?type=US-wvvor-25

rapwvvor.20160215.03.gif

I am looking for an early start to the snowfall

Upton says 2pm..lets see

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=80&y=201&site=okx&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=80&map_y=201#.VsFQN0KVv8s

------------------

Relative Humidity

the amount of water vapor present in air expressed as a percentage of the amount needed for saturation at the same temperature.

700mb.gif?1455509325738

radar

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?type=VA_WV-rad-0-24&checked=&prodDim=100&overDim=100

From a travel safety perspective, this is where getting an inch or two of snow, especially on paved surfaces, could be a saving grace for travelers, as the freezing rain would simply be absorbed into the snow, whereas if we get little to now snow, the freezing rain could simply coat all cold surfaces, forming skating rinks, especially on untreated/lightly traveled surfaces, especially since the freezing rain is predicted to be after dark, so the indirect sunlight won't provide any melting. The preceding assumes the period of freezing rain would last the same amount of time regardless of how much snow falls (which may not be the case).  

Ggem same story as rgem and gfs

Ukie and Euro are in the GFS, RGEM, GGEM camp now too, 1-2 inches, then quick change to rain for the area is the way to go. Euro still very warm and west, Ukie ticked west a bit too. The NAM is all alone now, big outlier, expect it to shift to the consensus at 6z. RAP and HRRR look pretty unimpressive for the area so far....

Archived