Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect to see shifts West with this one based on the pos nao, trending neg epo, trending neg pna, and trending pos ao as well as the overall seasonal trends to adjust N and W with most storm systems.

I agree with all except "seasonal trends" There's nothing scientific that supports seasonal model trends to bring storm a certain direction based of length and proximity, merely coincidence IMO...

There's no trend.. GFS started well east, went west, came back slightly, and is now the furthest west

I agree with all except "seasonal trends" There's nothing scientific that supports seasonal model trends to bring storm a certain direction based of length and proximity, merely coincidence IMO...

There's no trend.. GFS started well east, went west, came back slightly, and is now the furthest west

I can agree with this.....toss the "seasonal trend NW trend" I guess. Still strong hints that this has West written all over just based on the teleconnections. 

I can agree with this.....toss the "seasonal trend NW trend" I guess. Still strong hints that this has West written all over just based on the teleconnections.

I would agree, I don't see the city, or even myself as an all snow, but a snow to mix back to snow is still in the cards for some of the interior, and a snow to rain back to snow is still possible for cosst

It's barely at the beginning of the storm at 84 hours though.   No strong cold, high anywhere to be found to save the day either.  If it went out to 96, it would probably show all rain.

GFS

Nam

Please don't mistaken my intention, I'm in no way saying the nams def correct, or will finish, I am however pointing out that the nam is MUCH faster with the storm (which is what we would need) similar to last nights GGEM.. As oppose to euro and gfs

GFS attachicon.gifimage.png

Namattachicon.gifimage.png

Please don't mistaken my intention, I'm in no way saying the nams def correct, or will finish, I am however pointing out that the nam is MUCH faster with the storm (which is what we would need) similar to last nights GGEM.. As oppose to euro and gfs

The initial over running is often faster and I think the NAM is starting to show that.  Doesn't mean we stay all snow, but odds increasing that we see something on the front end before a change to rain

Archived