• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
#PD3Attempt#13since2003 -Tracking the threat of the Presidents day storm Feb 15-16 2016

Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the differences between the regular and the para smoothed out, we get one heck of a storm.

Is there a law of physics that Newton or Einstein missed that says every time that there is a low in the SE quadrant of the US that there MUST be a low in Michigan at the same time?

read their material find out!

With the differences between the regular and the para smoothed out, we get one heck of a storm.

Is there a law of physics that Newton or Einstein missed that says every time that there is a low in the SE quadrant of the US that there MUST be a low in Michigan at the same time?

yea the law of the jacked up super nino jet.  On the one hand it did hand us the uber juiced up gulf system when we had one window of opportunity where the jet relaxed for a moment, but on the other hand it has prevented numerous good opportunities as well.  Probably just a little weaker nino and we would have had an epic winter.  Still could if we get one more hit before its over, and I am not saying anything we dont already know that moderate nino's are more promising then strong ones in our area.   

yea the law of the jacked up super nino jet.  On the one hand it did hand us the uber juiced up gulf system when we had one window of opportunity where the jet relaxed for a moment, but on the other hand it has prevented numerous good opportunities as well.  Probably just a little weaker nino and we would have had an epic winter.  Still could if we get one more hit before its over, and I am not saying anything we dont already know that moderate nino's are more promising then strong ones in our area.   

I thought an active northern stream was more typical in a Nina?  Oh well, it is what it is I suppose.

The storm shown on the gfs looks like a situation that wouldn't need much to trend much better.  It's already close enough to have the eastern areas in the game.  Lately we've been trying to pull them back out of the ocean.  We just might be able to get this one.

I thought an active northern stream was more typical in a Nina?  Oh well, it is what it is I suppose.

The storm shown on the gfs looks like a situation that wouldn't need much to trend much better.  It's already close enough to have the eastern areas in the game.  Lately we've been trying to pull them back out of the ocean.  We just might be able to get this one.

It's been a weird year. They all have their twists and turns though. The NS stuff is mostly pac energy rolling over the top of the PNA ridge. At least lately. That's to be expected with a +pna. The issue is we are devoid of good blocking most of the time so there is no mechanism to cleanly force the pac energy down below us. It's been getting a free pass to scoot across the northern tier. 

Archived