joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep...incredible amounts of water stored in the "snowpack."  Also, did we get an update on high wind potential?  I know it was mentioned last night on a local news outlet up here...I think. 

Also, for those of you new to the board.  Mathmet made an appearance last night.  He is a met who is very knowledgeable about mountain wave events, specifically, the Camp Creek are in Greeneville.

Thanks.

The high winds tonight will depend on how far north the strongest 850mb winds get it into East TN. If everything comes together, then this event has a very high ceiling in terms of how strong the wind gusts could become.

Thanks.

The high winds tonight will depend on how far north the strongest 850mb winds get it into East TN. If everything comes together, then this event has a very high ceiling in terms of how strong the wind gusts could become.

Saw that MRX has High Wind Warnings for the mountains. With the ground saturated, I hope it stays at the higher elevations. Thanks for the post. Keep us updated if they get any big gusts. I will try to check the Camp Creek obs tonight.

Archived