SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 degrees and freezing rain. The deck is covered in decent layer of sleet and ice. The road looks covered as well. UT is delayed until 10am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the kind of weather where if you don't have to travel anywhere right now, it's best to just stay at home and wait until temperatures get above freezing to get out and about. If you do need to travel, be extra careful and take it slow.

My temp dropped from 42 to 36 overnight. Around midnight we had maybe 30 seconds of sleet and that was it. No rain yesterday, nothing. Hope you folks north and east of me get.pounded with a little luck. I heard reports of snow in Athens, Dayton and Spring City. I'm at work now at the VW plant in Ooltewah and had a few folks call in due to icy roads in the Dunlap/Pikeville area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My temp dropped from 42 to 36 overnight. Around midnight we had maybe 30 seconds of sleet and that was it. No rain yesterday, nothing. Hope you folks north and east of me get.pounded with a little luck. I heard reports of snow in Athens, Dayton and Spring City. I'm at work now at the VW plant in Ooltewah and had a few folks call in due to icy roads in the Dunlap/Pikeville area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's mainly North of Knox County where areas have been pounded with snow. For the most part, its been an Ice storm for Knoxville unfortunately.

Well, in a matter of minutes, it switched to very heavy sleet.  It must have been switching back and forth all night, because the ground is white with mostly sleet, and I don't see a lot of accumulation of ice on the trees, thankfully.  There are a few flakes of snow mixed in as well. 

Well, in a matter of minutes, it switched to very heavy sleet.  It must have been switching back and forth all night, because the ground is white with mostly sleet, and I don't see a lot of accumulation of ice on the trees, thankfully.  There are a few flakes of snow mixed in as well. 

Yeah I'm now at 32 here but it must have sleeted all night good coating of sleet, freezing rain must have mixed all night for me as trees are glassy looking.  Probably about an inch of sleet, which is slushy with the temp rise.

Yeah I'm now at 32 here but it must have sleeted all night good coating of sleet, freezing rain must have mixed all night for me as trees are glassy looking.  Probably about an inch of sleet, which is slushy with the temp rise.

Good to hear you're at 32, and warmer air is working it's way up the valley.  If I'm not getting snow, give me plain rain.  I live in a wooded area, and ice is not nice for trees.  :yikes:

Heavy precip, mostly ZR now, icicles forming on everything. Got a pretty thick glaze going on and the snow is really compacting down. Well, it was fun while it lasted! Does anyone think we could switch back to snow tonight? A couple short range models indicated that could be the case, but doesn't look like much accumu. if any.

Winter weather winding down for most of the central and southern valley in East TN, as temps are warming.  But, looks like heavy rain is about to become the next issue.  Considering the snow on the ground for some areas, there will probably be high water issues later today and tonight. 

d12_fill.gif?1455542177228

Archived