Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 inches down here. Probably manage another inch and then there will be a break in the precip. But it's rapidly filling in over Arkansas into west Tennessee and it's starting to get going in Northern Mississippi. The 18z NAM has a 12 hour mix/ice situation event for my area after this band of snow is over. Hopefully it's wrong.

Congrats on the front dump! I really don't see much getting going back in those areas at all John. It has me really concerned. Light snow falling in Kingsport.

The weird thing is that it's mixing or switching to freezing rain in areas where the 850, 925 and surface temps are all sub-freezing. I'm not sure where the warm layer is, must be between 700 and 850 with another between 850 and 925. 

I was wondering about that as well.  My temps are holding steady at 26, but when I do see a tiny bit of precip it is not snow. Not one flake yet.

Congrats on the front dump! I really don't see much getting going back in those areas at all John. It has me really concerned. Light snow falling in Kingsport.

Precip is getting rolling from Dyersburg back to central Arkansas. It's starting in Northern Miss and Alabama too. There will be a break in precip but hopefully that area keeps filling in and expanding as the low gets more organized. You can see the flow coming off the Gulf into the deep south now and that should aid the expansion of precip there.

As for temps, MRX mentioned the NE wind bringing cold down into East Tennessee. My temp keeps falling. It is down to 18.8 right now after getting up to 22 as the snow started.

Precip is getting rolling from Dyersburg back to central Arkansas. It's starting in Northern Miss and Alabama too. There will be a break in precip but hopefully that area keeps filling in and expanding as the low gets more organized. You can see the flow coming off the Gulf into the deep south now and that should aid the expansion of precip there.

As for temps, MRX mentioned the NE wind bringing cold down into East Tennessee. My temp keeps falling. It is down to 18.8 right now after getting up to 22 as the snow started.

Yeah I have maintained steady NE wind all day.

Yeah I thought it would be juicier along I-40 but nope. Managed to get the temps to cooperate but lost the front thump of precip. It hurts.

Precip holding together better now off the plateau. Getting some moderate fat flakes falling now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought it would be juicier along I-40 but nope.  Managed to get the temps to cooperate but lost the front thump of precip.  It hurts.

Still time to go.  We have NE wind in our favor and still very low dew points.  Precip should grow more.  I got a dusting today but that is it so far.  Hopefully we start getting more back building on the radar returns soon to juice things up.

Gotta hand it to the clippers! They have really done well from about Morristown and north this year!

Also have produced really for a large portion of the area, aka the first one in January.

The precip looks like it's trying to move into Knox right now. Maybe it will hold together. Actually completely stopped here now.

Archived