joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12th/13th possible ENC/CNC Event

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day fish underscores an event and it bust on the good side out of nowhere I pray I'm on here when Brick calls him out. It will be epic humor up there with the lookout Glenn Burns episodes I've been priveleged to witness since back at eastern weather. Honestly there's been times when I've got cramps in my gut laughing at those tyraids. Classics

The day fish underscores an event and it bust on the good side out of nowhere I pray I'm on here when Brick calls him out. It will be epic humor up there with the lookout Glenn Burns episodes I've been priveleged to witness since back at eastern weather. Honestly there's been times when I've got cramps in my gut laughing at those tyraids. Classics

No doubt, there are so many times I have wished he was wrong. The man does love a good storm though.

When did rain even become part of the equation?

We've gone from snow and sleet after 8, 1, 2, 1 and now...

Snow likely before 2pm, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35. East wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Fish isn't a bad guy.

He's usually >> than the clown maps. Not sure why he gets such a bad rap...being conservative on forecasting around here regarding winter weather usually proves right. Hence the board meltdown after each "event". If you listened to Fish-he most likely already told you it wasnt going to be anything. But folks cling to their clown maps like the last board off the Titanic. SMH

Greg Fishcel wrote the test that all mets must pass in order to be certified as an on air meterologist by the ams.

Pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Completely agree. He is one of the best and the only reason he has detractors is due to him becoming more conservative with his snow forecasts over the past 10 years. 

He's usually >> than the clown maps. Not sure why he gets such a bad rap...being conservative on forecasting around here regarding winter weather usually proves right. Hence the board meltdown after each "event". If you listened to Fish-he most likely already told you it wasnt going to be anything. But folks cling to their clown maps like the last board off the Titanic. SMH

And that's why people don't like him, he doesn't enable their snow fantasies. 

It'd be different if he wasn't nearly always dead on right. The Fishel bashing is tiresome.

"NC" is a pretty big generalization. Pretty sure the mountains and the beach have different classifications for WSW.

Oh no. I insulted everybody. I take it back. I have to admit, the first inch is the hardest to drive on. This is assuming a normal snow-to-water ratio and sub-freezing road temps.  Why- the snowplows haven't salted it or plowed it, and it gets slick quickly, and the other drivers may not be expecting to drive with slick roads.

00z GFS and RGEM actually try to put a little stripe of 0.05" or so through Greenville which is pretty funny.

Oh no. I insulted everybody. I take it back. I have to admit, the first inch is the hardest to drive on. This is assuming a normal snow-to-water ratio and sub-freezing road temps.  Why- the snowplows haven't salted it or plowed it, and it gets slick quickly, and the other drivers may not be expecting to drive with slick roads.

I guess the reasoning behind a WSW for 1-3" is the "oh **** that's a lot of snow" level is much lower in the coastal Southeast than it is in, say, Colorado.

The RGEM gets the 0.01" area out this way and barely touches MBY. Maybe we get a surprise trash can topper?

I think you have a better chance of a renegade surprise trash can topper coming off the mountains tomorrow...if that tells you how low your chances are.

Brad showed something similar in his vid tonight for Charlotte and it kind of fizzled on its way to the Greensboro area.

I think you have a better chance of a renegade surprise trash can topper coming off the mountains tomorrow...if that tells you how low your chances are.

Brad showed something similar in his vid tonight for Charlotte and it kind of fizzled on its way to the Greensboro area.

All-in, haha! I never had any hope out this way, so any flakes would be a win (however unlikely they may be).

You know the models have no idea when the snow maps change from a dusting to 3" and back to a dusting every other run....when I went to bed last night no model had more than 1 inch here, this morning the Nam 4k, Rgem and WRF have 3" again and the Nam 12k has 2" these all have a stronger low closer to the coast, the GFS and CMC both have dusting to a inch and are much further east and weaker with the low....

The Nams have .30-40" of QPF over me now as well that should be good for 3-4" if correct....currently 28/14 

RGEM is all snow here based on the thickness plots, NAM on the other hand mixes during the afternoon as 1000mb - 850mb thick goes above 1300m. Kind of suprised at the amount of cloud cover, 100%, and already some light returns off to the east over the sound when looking at clean air mode out of the RAX site.

Archived