Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs thread Part 2

mappy

Time for me to get a new thermometer!

How much do you have on the ground?

I measured about 5" the snow intensity was down from about 11:45 with temp around 34 I have had some melting. But it has gone back to moderate snow. I am close to the Clarksburg HS. Currently moderate snow and accumulating. Decent event at least in Clarksburg.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope so Bob Chill ;-). Until then it's self medication lol

After March 13 I've become completely numb to the effects of a good ole bust. You win few and lose a lot. That's a typical MA winter. If you can't deal with it then a winter wx hobby is a terrible thing to chose for mental recreation. 

Wife says it's snowing as hard as it ever has all day up in Clarksburg.  Temp has dropped 3F to 32F in the last hour as drier air and DP's work their way in.  Good backbuilding to the west on Radar.  Will be interesting to see how much accumulates again now that temps are moving down a bit.

I measured about 5" the snow intensity was down from about 11:45 with temp around 34 I have had some melting. But it has gone back to moderate snow. I am close to the Clarksburg HS. Currently moderate snow and accumulating. Decent event at least in Clarksburg.

It's been 6 hours, wipe the board so you capture the accums from the remainder of the storm!!!!

<edited to add, I'll owe you a beverage of your choice...>

Roads were completely snow-free from Perry Hall to Mays Chapel, some areas of sidewalks are white. Took no more time than if it was rain. I wouldn't call this due to the rising sun angle, but due to BL temps. Schools could have opened today (except Hereford Zone, Harford County, Carroll County). ^Also I bet Ravens94 will end up with the highest total in Harford County, can't be that much more impressive there. 83 looks good just about everywhere. Storm was a waste of a time for some people certainly.

Let's see if we can make up for this one. We do better when we settle into a stretch of cold first. We need less luck being on the fringe like we are around here.

Temps last night were a red flag. For some reason I jumped back on the ship.

Contestants, we have a slug of moisture to the SW of DC that is making a beeline for the District!

How does it manage to screw us? Does it:

A) Dry up

B ) Rain on our heads

C) Perform the ole DC split trick

D) Shift north abruptly to smoke Mappy

Make your guesses now!

No "all of the above" choice? ;-)

Glancing out the window here at school you can see some blue skies mixed with the clouds.  I think ECNPZ will be right.  I think we will crack 40.  At least we don't have the problem of melting snow.

I was 38F earlier, but now am under a bit of a return and some very light snow flurries.  Enough that it backed the temp down to 36F.  I see a couple 40F on PWS's just to the south though, so that will be here shortly as soon as this little shower passes.  Should still be able to get back to enough sun to crack 40F.  That would be icing on this **** cake that we were served out here.

Contestants, we have a slug of moisture to the SW of DC that is making a beeline for the District!

How does it manage to screw us? Does it:

A) Dry up

B ) Rain on our heads

C) Perform the ole DC split trick

D) Shift north abruptly to smoke Mappy

Make your guesses now!

All of the above

Archived