Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 8th-9th Obs thread Part 2

mappy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see some are getting snow.

As for this area, looking forward to a brown, frozen weekend.

I didn't want to say it last night, but the forecast for this area was awful. There was nothing in any model I saw that suggested what was forecast here. I still have no clue as to why my forecast was what it was.

The forecasters were all Terps fans. They just wanted to piss you off.

This storm is going exactly like I said it would for my back yard. Interesting drive from Winchester to Leesburg this morning. Overnight I saw not a single flake at my house n/w of Winchester. The rain had just changed to light snow as I left for work around 7:45. Heading east on route 7. 4 miles from my house it was snowing well. As I approached the Shenandoah river the snow become heavy and was pouring as I crossed over the mountain. The top of the mountain by Mt. Weather has a few inches. All of Loudoun County is in moderate snow right now. Just east of Purcellville the snow turned into golf balls. The snow flakes falling in Leesburg are bigger than golf balls right now. Loudoun is a beautiful winter wonderland. Winchester is a green and brown disaster.

LOL.  Perfect description.  Although, we did switch to a couple lonely, sloppy, mangled flakes for about a minute or two.  Might be up to 0.02" precip by now.

DESTRUCTION

I didn't want to say it last night, but the forecast for this area was awful.  There was nothing in any model I saw that suggested what was forecast here.  I still have no clue as to why my forecast was what it was.

Agreed.  3 - 5" call was bad enough, but the wording of 'heavy snow' was downright laughable.

Loudoun which was modeled as the driest/least snowiest is getting raked lol

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=LWX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Hmmm.  Every map I saw had us in the middle of guidance.  I wasn't expecting much of anything knowing how well we do in these things.  But mby is #snowtown today.

I didn't want to say it last night, but the forecast for this area was awful.  There was nothing in any model I saw that suggested what was forecast here.  I still have no clue as to why my forecast was what it was.

Agreed. At least we knew what to expect. Take a drive east into Loudoun today. It's gorgeous over on this side of the mountain.

Archived