• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

mappy

I'm not really sure why people shared the 4kNAM earlier. Just makes the comms confusing. It had like 0.1% chance of verifying. Even at things the NAM excels at it's never smart to take it verbatim where it puts convective type precip. Who looks at sim radar on a popcorn day and thinks it is going to be right?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp dropping rapidly as well. Super cold weatherbug station at 35.9 but probably in reality closer to 36.5

Your 36 makes me feel better about my weatherbug temp of 35.

Naaahh.......I better add 4 degrees, cloudy and 39. Temp has been falling steadily all evening lol - WITHOUT precip

It's further north

I don't know what we would do if northerners didn't drop by to read model runs. Us simple mid-atlantic folk never learned to do such sophisitcated tasks. 

OT: Light rain. Temps between 36-36.5. has really cooled of in last hour. Matt said he'd be happy when were at 36/37 by midnight and we seem to be exceedin that.

I don't know what we would do if northerners didn't drop by to read model runs. Us simple mid-atlantic folk never learned to do such sophisitcated tasks.

OT: Light rain. Temps between 36-36.5. has really cooled of in last hour. Matt said he'd be happy when were at 36/37 by midnight and we seem to be exceedin that.

I agree he was the last person I wanted to hear it from but it does look north from sim radar. A lot of the banding it had over dc to balt last run seems shifted up into pa. Hard to tell though without qpf.

I agree he was the last person I wanted to hear it from but it does look north from sim radar. A lot of the banding it had over dc to balt last run seems shifted up into pa. Hard to tell though without qpf.

Oh I agree. It definitely looks north. But you know he came down here just to rub it in our faces.

Oh I agree. It definitely looks north. But you know he came down here just to rub it in our faces.

Why else would he be here except to spread the glad tidings as soon as he saw an opportunity. I think you have to be tolerant with posters, but when someone does what he did, that's unquestionably a 5 post action in my mind.

Archived