ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Coastal Storm Brush/IVT? Obs thread

dmillz25

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to tell you but it has begun to ligten up here  near JFK after aprox 1.5 Inch, maybe we can squeeze out another .5 but the band is thinning and slowly pulling east according to radar trends. on and off snowshowers and then onwards to the IVT and hope it pounds us tomorrow.

We've got about 8 inches of snow on the ground here in Port Jefferson...of course, only about 2 inches of it has fallen today.  The greater depths are in areas that were not well exposed. 

Radar beginning to fall apart just a bit; the cyclonic center simply too far away to provide the requisite vertical motion needed to keep the snow making process going at a heavy clip...though it will likely continue to snow lightly to maybe occasionally moderately throughout the daylight hours..

Hate to tell you but it has begun to ligten up here  near JFK after aprox 1.5 Inch, maybe we can squeeze out another .5 but the band is thinning and slowly pulling east according to radar trends. on and off snowshowers and then onwards to the IVT and hope it pounds us tomorrow.

Better then getting 0" like anyone west of Central Queens.

I'm happy with our 1.5"-2" of snow.

Nice band has been sort of quasi stationary over Northern Nassau & far NW Suffolk...about as far east as Fort Salonga, I'd say...and at least 11 or 12 miles to my west.  Looking at trends, by the time it gets here...it will likely be too late. 

Archived