• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Countdown to Winter 2016-2017 Thread

eyewall

Since it is pretty much going to be among the most horrendous winters ever in VT, WNE through the Hudson Valley of NY (with all of the big tickets missing), we might as well start looking forward to next winter. It will be a long wait for redemption but it has to be better than this go around and is something to look forward to. Only 296 days until the start of the next meteorological winter as of this post.

Since it is pretty much going to be among the most horrendous winters ever in VT, WNE through the Hudson Valley of NY (with all of the big tickets missing), we might as well start looking forward to next winter. It will be a long wait for redemption but it has to be better than this go around and is something to look forward to. Only 296 days until the start of the next meteorological winter as of this post.

Don't worry, you get snow in October...it's just around the corner

I'm glad to see this thread.  Things may pick up mid-month, but I need the early on-set winter to fully appreciate it.  Snow's that quickly lead to mud are far less fulfilling.

On the upside, I broke 10" on the season with the 2 I picked up yesterday.  Can it get any better???

I own an irrigation contracting company, we do snow removal during the winter, i CANT WAIT for the 2016-2017 season!(hopefully better then this past one)

• 2 weeks later...

Were you forced to break out the GFS fail boat meme?  Hope you are doing well up there eyewall.

Hahah it is beyond fail. I am doing well other than experiencing the worst winter I have ever been through when geographical context is taken into account. Not one damn warning level event, and barely eeked out an advisory snow once or twice. Other than that it has been dustings at best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, however, does anyone know if this El-Nino pattern will continue into summer? Fall-next winter? When does a pattern like this dissappear? If it has or some have tried to answer, forgive me......anyways, looking forward 2016-2017 winter(hopefully)!

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, however, does anyone know if this El-Nino pattern will continue into summer? Fall-next winter? When does a pattern like this dissappear? If it has or some have tried to answer, forgive me......anyways, looking forward 2016-2017 winter(hopefully)!

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47607-the-enso-2016-superthread/

Maybe you can beat him but you'll never beat me again.  I'm going to go all Midlo on your ass and build a home snow making machine.

What was your total this year?

I'm sure you guys will be buried next year while I have 35". You can cheer and do naked high fives, that order has been restored.

Archived