• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

Yeah, pretty much all schools here were cancelled.   I think the forecasts made for this storm are an overcorrection of the previous storm.

As someone said earlier, there will be a lot of questioning by media and parents when this is done.

I am not bashing the NWS or any forecasters in any way...tough decisions to make.

Bad calls beget bad calls.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some bad forecasts and decisions to cancel school were made.

I think the only way Northeast Mass can get something is from some OES band.  I can't remember the storm, I think it was 2 years ago and I believe in December, where Northeast mass, especially Boxford had almost 3 feet of snow on an OES band.  With the winds from the Northeast blowing that strong, I can see some areas enhanced due to that, but that will be localized to be sure.

I think the only way Northeast Mass can get something is from some OES band. I can't remember the storm, I think it was 2 years ago and I believe in December, where Northeast mass, especially Boxford had almost 3 feet of snow on an OES band. With the winds from the Northeast blowing that strong, I can see some areas enhanced due to that, but that will be localized to be sure.

I recall that storm

Pretty sure that was the coldest snow storm we have had in recent memory

That evening had 0 degrees high winds and heavy snow for a bit.

Will def knows that storm.

I recall that storm

Pretty sure that was the coldest snow storm we have had in recent memory

That evening had 0 degrees high winds and heavy snow for a bit.

Will def knows that storm.

Jan 2-3, 2014.

New RAP just weenied out for E MA. Esp BOS and south shore. Hits that area hard this afternoon.

Trust me. Parents hate hate hate early dismissals more than anything

But yeah.

yeah I know.. I'm a parent and to be honest I rather have them home than worry about some a-hole slamming into my wife in the middle of  a snowstorm because she had to pick them up early... I understand that is not the same case for single parents or parents who both work, it's not an easy decision but when NWS is forecasting 6-8" what do you do?

Archived