Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
First Below Zero Day In NYC Since 1994

bluewave

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awe man I just saw a sea smoke twister! Couldn't get this open fast enough to get pictures in time..but was basically like a dust devil

There was a constant train of steam devils on the Hudson near Poughkeepsie this morning. An incredible sight, especially considering how rare it is to get a subzero morning when the river is mostly open around here. This stuff is usually reserved for the open ocean.

Some footage of the seasmoke across from Poughkeepsie just after sunrise. One of the best steam devils of the morning can be seen around 30 seconds in.

Thanks for sharing. You're on the east side of the river? It's interesting that the wind seems to be coming from the south. Is it just following the current?

Thanks for sharing. You're on the east side of the river? It's interesting that the wind seems to be coming from the south. Is it just following the current?

West bank at the Highland Landing Park, looking east toward Poughkeepsie. Winds were pretty much due north and still quite gusty.

Not the best video in the world but I wasn't about to take my gloves off and fiddle with the exposure.

A SIGNIFICANT UPPER AIR RECORD HAS BEEN BROKEN WITH THE 00Z UPPER

AIR FLIGHT AT ALBANY THIS EVENING. THE H850 TEMP WAS -30.8 C. THE

RECORD COLD 850 MB TEMPERATURE WAS -30.5 C SET BACK ON 4 JANUARY

1981 AND ON 18 JANUARY 1982.

The Cape also had -30+ 850 mb temps. I wonder it if was a record at ACK or other stations in the area.

Archived