• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

I think you guys are in the game for some accumulating snow, but yeah the WV ridges probably have the best shot.  Looks like the cities can just about stick a fork in this one.  

Early to stick a fork in it don't you think with one camp in near Tennessee and the other OTS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEFS has improved in general the last 3 runs with the track with the vast majority taking a coastal track and fewer running inland. Member snowfall remains about the same. A lot of spread and complicated wave progression. I don't think we know any more right now than we did 12 hours ago. 

We know the terms are going to be borderline but we're awful far from definitive calls and I don't think ops are giving us a clear picture at all. 

Put a fork in it but the fork could be a good tool to measure snow. 

attachicon.gifgefslowloc2.JPG

Yeah. I was looking at those and I think an off shore miss is more likely that a west cutter.  Problem is, well there are two, is the gefs even close to being correct, and even with a nice coastal track will we be cold enough.

We'll have a better idea in about 30 minutes.

I think you guys are in the game for some accumulating snow, but yeah the WV ridges probably have the best shot.  Looks like the cities can just about stick a fork in this one.  

Somewhat early to stick a fork in. Haven't we learned anything this year with the models and when we can start to believe in them?

Somewhat early to stick a fork in. Haven't we learned anything this year with the models and when we can start to believe in them?

Yeah I agree that comment was premature, but these thread the needles without cold air just don't inspire confidence for me inside the Beltway. You guys are right though, definitely can't officially declare it dead at this range.  

Archived