Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25/26 out of 52 EPS members with 2" of snow or more for DC and Baltimore Metro over the next 15 days. (Weatherbell Maps) 15 members show 6" +, 3 more with the 6" line right through DC. 12z Para GFS better than 6z GFS and probably 12z OP. Still a little too warm, well for the front, actually it's kind of close, it would be great if we had detailed rain/snow line and thermals for the Para, a guess based off maps is like 3-6" for the cities on the back end maybe. Super Juiced, long duration.

I can't remember the specific pattern in place, but I keep thinking back to March 2-3, 2014. We had a mild (above normal) Sunday, with rain that moved in that evening, cold air finally arrived overnight into Monday morning, and we ended up with a decent cold/snowy Monday. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog-live/liveblog/live-updates-march-winter-storm-hits-d-c-area/

I remember that fondly. That's the day my son was born at the house. He's a snow kid from birth! :D

But was it really the result of the SAI? The process driving it are like almost 2 months late. I'll go with weather being weather.

True, but he will most likely claim a victory ( assuming all this happy talk pans out ) 

More so typical El Nino progression and maybe some help from the weakening of Nino 1 and 2 regions , and the improving QBO 

This is hr 180 from the white label model. Shows the mean 850 low pass right over the bay. Similar to the op with the 850 line running 95 for a period. 

Overall this run is colder @ 850 than 0z so that is good. Hopefully the trends on future runs solidify that being on the winning side of the column is favored. 

post-2035-0-50598100-1455745023_thumb.jp

Archived