joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 5 quick hitting obs

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a side note, kind of refreshing to see we can still have these events trend so favorably in 36 hrs. 

Worst model bust (at least in the positive direction) this close to an event since 1/27/11.

Though we gotta give the Ukie credit...ti had it from 72h and didn't budge much.

Your 5-10" swath on map with locally higher amounts NE CT is fine by me imo. Verified.

I always have trouble getting amounts in western CT. Who here is from Litchfield county? I don't think anyone is, is there? Again, making map later post or PM amounts.

Snow has completely stopped. And the sun is shining now! Cant believe it was just +SN a couple hours ago now its becoming partly sunny...

Worst model bust (at least in the positive direction) this close to an event since 1/27/11.

Though we gotta give the Ukie credit...ti had it from 72h and didn't budge much.

Yeah...I think that's the closest event in recent times to trend this favorably?  That s/w just kept getting better and better looking. If only that low offshore on Monday could do the same. :lol:

Sidewalk is an insufficient spot to measure...esp in a storm like this. Could have easily lost a couple inches on pavement.

That's why I qualified it with sidewalk, only place I could find near my office that wasn't shoveled. I'll check my board when I get home and use that as the total.

as this winds down ...there is interesting meteorology to it. 

western NE is busting out to open sunshine on a dime!  you look at high res vis imagery and loop it, the western edge of this goes from left-over flurries and dense cloud to clear in just a few miles. 

advancing rapidly ene too.  should be sweeping across the area before sun-down.

Tried to capture this, but seems not such a tight change in cloud cover in this area.  Still a nice view.

post-1816-0-54126900-1454701619_thumb.jp

That's why I qualified it with sidewalk, only place I could find near my office that wasn't shoveled. I'll check my board when I get home and use that as the total.

I'd say it is probably a good 2" under the actual amount. Earlier today when I measured 9.3..the driveway only had just over 6". That's a huge difference from paved versus non paved.

I remember last year on Mar 21st...that storm that really hit southern CT good..from the sun angle and the warm sfc temps there was 0" on paved surfaces and over 6" on the deck/grass/car tops etc.

Yeah a board is way better. Though you might lose some to compaction if you don't get home until several hours after it stops.

I always have trouble getting amounts in western CT. Who here is from Litchfield county? I don't think anyone is, is there? Again, making map later post or PM amounts.

Snow has completely stopped. And the sun is shining now! Cant believe it was just +SN a couple hours ago now its becoming partly sunny...

10 inches in Milford CT

Forky called this pretty well, mentioning the "pig ridge" in Atlantic would push this west back on Tuesday.

I think the ULL east of the ridge helped anchor it, but for whatever reason...the disturbance itself seemed to be the biggest reason. It just kept getting stronger and stronger.

Archived