SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 5 quick hitting obs

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done. Your final map verifies in many locals.

Thanks. I was way under for many places in the East and Northeast hills, that will bust low there. But it should do nicely in western CT.

I'm going to make a totals map for CT later on today so if anyone has their final amounts for towns in CT you can pm me or I will browse through this thread.

as this winds down ...there is interesting meteorology to it. 

western NE is busting out to open sunshine on a dime!  you look at high res vis imagery and loop it, the western edge of this goes from left-over flurries and dense cloud to clear in just a few miles. 

advancing rapidly ene too.  should be sweeping across the area before sun-down.

4.5" on the unshoveled sidewalk outside of my office in Roxbury, hoping for a bit more at home but not optimistic. We got screwed this morning and despite a good effort weren't able to make up enough ground to verify a warning

Sidewalk is an insufficient spot to measure...esp in a storm like this. Could have easily lost a couple inches on pavement.

Tree branch broke off in the front yard while I snow blowing. 4 inch diameter about 25 feet long, too close for comfort. As I I was rounding up the puppies a big tree fell just beyond the fences. So much for drier, 8.5" Lt snow

20160205_135103.jpg

Lost a good sized tree in the back yard down here too.  It was like listening to snap, crackle and pop outside for a while earlier.  Just got out to measure too.  Average depth right now about 9" even.  Very wet on the bottom.

Edit:  Just realized I more than doubled my total for the year today.  Nice!

Tree branch broke off in the front yard while I snow blowing. 4 inch diameter about 25 feet long, too close for comfort. As I I was rounding up the puppies a big tree fell just beyond the fences. So much for drier, 8.5" Lt snow

20160205_135103.jpg

This stuff has some meat to it, Heavy and wet

When you get 42" in 2 weeks second half of Feb you will be chortling

Haha.

Just saw the funniest thing ever driving down into town...

Two big SUV's following each other through town were absolutely plastered with snow, looked like they were parked in front of a snow gun for three hours. I mean like snow plastered to the grill, under the car, everything.

As they passed on their way up to the mountain I looked in my rear view window and they both had Mass plates. Leaving the land of snow and coming north on vacation to find none. :lol:.

Thanks. I was way under for many places in the East and Northeast hills, that will bust low there. But it should do nicely in western CT.

I'm going to make a totals map for CT later on today so if anyone has their final amounts for towns in CT you can pm me or I will browse through this thread.

Your 5-10" swath on map with locally higher amounts NE CT is fine by me imo. Verified.

Archived