Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 5 quick hitting obs

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

threatening six inches elevated surfaces...but only closer to four on paved

its cool how it kinda came out of nowhere from a few days ago...keeps hope alive for positive busts but it is uncanny how the same zones get smoked storm after storm year after year

we all know there will be totals well over a foot just south east of here...never mind jack potting but in this set up with minimal downsloping etc we cannot pull off 8 or 9...i just don't get it and I really thought we had a legit shot at those amounts

Was outside for the majority of the morning. One observation was all the branches which came down was in a one hour period. As the dew point fell the water seemed to be getting sucked out of the snowpack on the trees and drying out the snow. Haven't heard many shotgun blasts lately. A good size branch about 11 foot long grazed my truck but the snow saved me from any scratches dents

3.7in in North Andover. An inch in the last half hour. I think Essex County is gonna get a burst of 2in/hr for a couple hours, pushing our totals up to 7 or 8 inches by 3pm. We were in a dry spot for several hours prior to 11:00 or so but looks like that meso band is collapsing east a bit. I'm glad I went with my insitint yesterday and put an 8-12 acros much of eastern MA, but now I'm def gnna push that westward by 30 miles. Someone mentioned pushing one of the models QPF west 30 miles and I think they nailed it. Middlesex county I'd put a 10-14in swath, as well as the CT River Valley in CT. Somewhat similar to the blizzard of '13 but without the 50+dbz. 

Archived