joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up in Bloomfield now salting. Been steady light snow for 45 min. Nothing sticking yet. This puppy needs to start thumping now if we are going to see any accumulation. I don't think it's gonna do it this time...

I think we should squeak out 3" by us.... A sloppy 3". dont think it'll be a sledding event behind the townhouses by us tho. 

Flippage FTW, lol.  Snowing moderately at 33F.  Probably flipped about 30 minutes ago, as I last checked an hour ago and it was still raining.  Already have a coating on the grass and cars.  Nice.  

And 30 minutes later we have accumulation on the street in front of my house.  Time for a walk...

Just in from a walk in the winter wonderland.  As of 5:15 am, were down to 32F and we have 1" on the colder surfaces and about 1/2" on the street in front of my house.  Snowing moderately with about 1/2 mile visibility.  Decent sized flakes falling and this is a much "prettier" snow than the blizzard, since it's much wetter and less windy, so it's sticking to all the trees/branches.  Love the absolute silence of a walk in the snow before most normal people are awake.  

Gorgeous out. Switched from mod to sn+, little wind.closing in on an inch . Even streets turning white in last 15 minutes even though they were very wet. No one should doubt power of evaporative cooling and snow rates. Looks to be good for Upton's call of 3-5 here in Kew Gardens

Archived