Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb. 5th Event

JoshM

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, we started a thread for a blue blip of fake precip on the GFS...geez, times are tough. :lmao:

Nah, this thread is more for the snow for NE NC/SE VA which still looks like a go so far.  Places like Elizabeth City and Norfolk will probably at least get some mixed precipitation (NWS has rain/snow in their zone forecasts for Friday morning), though with warmish BL temps, warm soil temps, and iffy rates, accumulations are going to be tough to come by.

Nah, this thread is more for the snow for NE NC/SE VA which still looks like a go so far.  Places like Elizabeth City and Norfolk will probably at least get some mixed precipitation (NWS has rain/snow in their zone forecasts for Friday morning), though with warmish BL temps, warm soil temps, and iffy rates, accumulations are going to be tough to come by.

I am considered to be far western tidewater, here in Prince George County, Va. I can not imagine my ground temps being all that warm since the last of my snow from the last storm just finished melting off Monday. According to the EURO 12z, I have a chance at accumulating snow Friday. But as much as I love snow, it is the hubby's Bday and really do not want a slushy mess. 

00z GFS more bullish then past runs on moisture so we shall see.

Ha, yeah, the GFS has snow out this way with the leeside stuff.  Interesting.  Probably just Snow TV, but you take what you can get around here.

I am considered to be far western tidewater, here in Prince George County, Va. I can not imagine my ground temps being all that warm since the last of my snow from the last storm just finished melting off Monday. According to the EURO 12z, I have a chance at accumulating snow Friday. But as much as I love snow, it is the hubby's Bday and really do not want a slushy mess. 

Looks like soil temps are in the 45-50 range there and around 50 here, which is not particularly good, but not too terrible (we had soil temps in that range for the March 2009 storm, for example).  With heavy enough rates, it doesn't really matter, anyways, but I guess that's questionable at this point.

Ha, yeah, the GFS has snow out this way with the leeside stuff.  Interesting.  Probably just Snow TV, but you take what you can get around here.

Looks like soil temps are in the 45-50 range there and around 50 here, which is not particularly good, but not too terrible (we had soil temps in that range for the March 2009 storm, for example).  With heavy enough rates, it doesn't really matter, anyways, but I guess that's questionable at this point.

you like?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_5.png

RAH thinks if you get a flake you'll be lucky:

EXPECT TEMPS TO FALL THROUGH
THE 50S TODAY... AND INTO THE 40S NW TO SE LATE AFTERNOON THROUGH
TONIGHT... BOTTOMING OUT IN THE 33-39 RANGE. THE COLDER AIR TONIGHT
WILL GENERALLY BE CHASING THE MOISTURE... WITH DRYING TAKING PLACE
ALOFT LATE... BUT A FEW INCONSEQUENTIAL WET FLAKES MAY OCCUR LATE
TONIGHT IN THE NE CWA
AS THE PRECIP EXITS. -GIH

Archived