SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im with you Shawn. North Dakota don't sound half bad. This was the one shot I thought the sc coast had and it let me down. On to the next one I suppose.

I think you can at least end as a mix at worst.

It sucks for us here around Columbia because if you had this low develop in the Gulf proper, and track across North Central Florida, we would have seen quite a big snow event.  You guys might have too if cold air was situated like next week may bring (cold)

This is the kind of storm that screws NC, Upstate SC and gets us here in the Deep South.  Sometimes the coast as it pulls East and well away.  Well, once again coastal NC looks to be winners if temps pan out for them.

I really do understand (how he feels) how Lookout gets screwed in the NE corner of GA now.  

Even worse, Stormsfury gets screwed out of this.  Minus some sleet and flakes mixed in...  That is not fair.

I'm sure the NC folks will just say that's climo :P the struggle is real in the Deep South

When it's all said and done, we see how this event that many of us spent tons of time on ended up.  6 members reading, 12 guests.  

Pathetic how much time I dedicate to watching these "threats".  I absolutely must quit being a model chaser.   I am going the Widre way.. he never comes around anymore until an event looks imminent.  He has the right idea.  Read the local forecast discussions and see if it warrants wasting time coming and talking about it in the very short term.

/meltdownensuing.i.hope.i.will.be.okay.mentally.and.physically.

On that note, I retire.. until there is an actual chance outside the inner weenie of myself for the Midlands.

That's a Rap. I am sure this is a nice little snowstorm 2000ft up, however, down at the surface, where we live, 80/20 RN/IP mix, and that is generous. I see that near term mlguidance has returned to reality this morning and now showing no accumulations. Hopefully the rain gets out of here quicker than forecasted as the ground is very saturated from our 5" this past week.

Yeah Chris so close, here though its almost 50/50 IP in it and temp on my porch is 35, thought that would have been enough to get the flakes to the surface......still enough IP falling that the roofs are showing it in the corners.....I do see a stray flake every now and again as well. I bet it is snowing its ass off 1000 ft up for sure.....

When it's all said and done, we see how this event that many of us spent tons of time on ended up.  6 members reading, 12 guests.  

Pathetic how much time I dedicate to watching these "threats".  I absolutely must quit being a model chaser.   I am going the Widre way.. he never comes around anymore until an event looks imminent.  He has the right idea.  Read the local forecast discussions and see if it warrants wasting time coming and talking about it in the very short term.

On that note, I retire.. until there is an actual chance outside the inner weenie of myself for the Midlands.

This is just part of the hobby. We knew this was not a good setup and it would have taken some perfect timing; along with sufficient temps at all levels. But there was always a chance for somebody to score. If that had happened we would have tracked that outcome. All you can do now is move on to the next potential.

ugh 34.4 on my porch now still 60/40 rain sleet mix and a mangled flake or graupel thrown in.....850 warm nose there on soundings crushing us lol......RAP soundings shows it gone by 10 or so so we shall see what happens 

Now

3 hrs from now on latest RAP run would think the snow makes it to the ground with this sounding

My black construction paper is just wet...again :( Best I got was slop for 3 minutes.....imagine that :lol:

About the same here so at-least we all got screwed together. A little ip accumulation in the eves, that's about it. Still a few pellets mixing in and one heck of a melt going on over the coastal plain this morning per radar. We got the NW trend inside of 48hrs and meaningful qpf made it to us, temps on the other hand, yeah, they trended not in our favor, go figure. May be one of those years where we go without measurable snow here. I am all in for the clipper, at this point we don't have anything to lose.

When it's all said and done, we see how this event that many of us spent tons of time on ended up. 6 members reading, 12 guests.

Pathetic how much time I dedicate to watching these "threats". I absolutely must quit being a model chaser. I am going the Widre way.. he never comes around anymore until an event looks imminent. He has the right idea. Read the local forecast discussions and see if it warrants wasting time coming and talking about it in the very short term.

See you in 6-7 days to talk about the crushing that's coming 12-16th! :)

Here in subsidence land, mid level clouds and 29, what might have been!? :(

CC radar is starting to look weird just east of Raleigh. Snow? Sleet? Slop? Any ground reports?

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=RAX-N0C-0-24

Wouldn't be surprised is this small area around Wilson, NC flipped over to heavy snow within the hour. Heaviest axis of precip has drifted north some into slightly colder air. Might be able to bring snow down to ground level...

CC radar is starting to look weird just east of Raleigh. Snow? Sleet? Slop? Any ground reports?

Wouldn't be surpised is this small area flipped over to heavy snow within the hour. Heaviest axis of precip has drifted north some into slightly colder air. Might be able to bring snow down to ground level...

There is a tiny warm nose that is fading over most of this area at 850, RAP shows it gone in the next few hrs, if that is the case and the precip holds up you may be right.... temp on my porch is 33.8 if we flipped to snow I think surface temps would get to 32 during the snow at least. 

Wouldn't be surprised is this small area around Wilson, NC flipped over to heavy snow within the hour. Heaviest axis of precip has drifted north some into slightly colder air. Might be able to bring snow down to ground level...

I'm about 5 miles south of Wilson, right now I'd say it's 20% rain, 80% sleet with occasional flakes in. 

Archived