Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier I post the first image. I said then that would be SLP popping of JAX, FL . Well from then to now that cluster has been in the same area. Last couple frames on Radar show moisture coming in around that location. Still the SLP. But if you follow that area there is a line that appears off the coast south of the rain bands .Then it starts filling in.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southeast_loop.php

Thats the surface trough axis or the path of the storm.

Phew if it's that close to the coast.... Surprise a lot of people

Earlier I post the first image. I said then that would be SLP popping of JAX, FL . Well from then to now that cluster has been in the same area. Last couple frames on Radar show moisture coming in around that location. Still the SLP. But if you follow that area there is a line that appears off the coast south of the rain bands .Then it starts filling in. 

I'm very confused looking at my data sources.  Where do you mean the SLP is going to form with your post?  Jacksonville is way too far North, and modeling pops it right off an area between West Palm Beach and Fort Pierce... looking at wind streamlines verifies it on my end.

Or are you talking about something else?

Looks like the SLP is already forming East of FL, as planned

I think an hour or two quicker also vs older guidance.  Wow, that's way out there to the East.  Meh

The mesoanaylysis has to put at 1016mb low somewhere, I wouldn't draw any conclusions off that placement. 

So what you're saying this is what you think the path will end up being?

post-9879-0-24802500-1454801989_thumb.jp

So what you're saying this is what you think the path will end up being?

I can't imagine it being that close to the coast (center track).  If it is, all the models are wrong and forecasts are busted.  I'll take my Blizzard and be happy, but I don't see it.

To answer yalls question go back and read my comments a couple pages back but yes. Overall about 75-90 miles off coast.

Like I commented earlier about the cluster of storms near Jax Fl they have sat there all day combine with the fact of the main frontgenesis is been in the same area . Now the upper low coming into play is giving life to the situation.  The last hour or so of radar. Pay attention to the rain bands along the coast. You can clearly see the features but. But notice the line. Thats the surface trough axis. 

First image from earlier today and morning.

But the SLP is staying off shore how far the moisture gets in a diff ?? 

Like I commented earlier about the cluster of storms near Jax Fl they have sat there all day combine with the fact of the main frontgenesis is been in the same area . Now the upper low coming into play is giving life to the situation. The last hour or so of radar. Pay attention to the rain bands along the coast. You can clearly see the features but. But notice the line. Thats the surface trough axis.

I was just noticing this very same thing.

Archived