joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM gives Charleston 3 inches of liquid in like 12 hours time. If that reaches the ground as snow, lord have mercy. (I believe it would be snow as rates that heavy would reach the ground frozen regardless of boundary layer issues.)

Sounding had a tiny nose.. I don't think those kind of rates will care.  Looks like the coast turns to snow anyways.

NAM gives Charleston 3 inches of liquid in like 12 hours time. If that reaches the ground as snow, lord have mercy. (I believe it would be snow as rates that heavy would reach the ground frozen regardless of boundary layer issues.)

marine layer always screws up downtown chas, up near the airport to summerville near stormsfury would be the sweet spot.

Looks like there's a bit of a warm nose on the coastal side of 17 in the low country. KCHS is getting potentially good snow though at 45. 

yeah it should be noted that along the immediate coast 850s are an issue so the target area right now for heavy snow would be 30 or 40 miles inland and/or who ever gets the back end deformation zone.

Archived