SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro showing impressive storm. With the current evolution it's favorable that this might be a big one for NNE. Maine might be the place to be. Remember: We are waaaaay out with modeling. However, with current tracks that is not a favorable SNE look. 

It's just nice to have the threat.

ugh, here we go again. I won't get too invested until sat/sun.

This will be a violent storm system, winds to hurricane force are possible along the coastline.  I see this being our worst storm period in New England this winter.  Just a hunch in my honest opinion.  I see the amount of energy rounding the base of the super maxed out upper level trough and I just want to say, Lord have mercy on us if that all comes together.

This will be a violent storm system, winds to hurricane force are possible along the coastline.  I see this being our worst storm period in New England this winter.  Just a hunch in my honest opinion.  I see the amount of energy rounding the base of the super maxed out upper level trough and I just want to say, Lord have mercy on us if that all comes together.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

No better feeling than finishing up a storm and knowing there's another shot right behind it.

At this point, it looks pretty clear that we'll see some sort of snow across the region early next week. In what form, when, for who, and how much, is still to be determined. A fun weekend of model watching ahead for sure!

Well we are 72-96 hours away from start time of this event, so it is probably reasonable to use this thread as we know there will be shortwaves passing through at our latitude.

18z GFS didn't do PF any favors unfortunately.

Continues the theme of E SNE as the new Stowe. PF can maybe come down and get some powder days in at Yawgoo Valley RI.

No better feeling than finishing up a storm and knowing there's another shot right behind it.

At this point, it looks pretty clear that we'll see some sort of snow across the region early next week. In what form, when, for who, and how much, is still to be determined. A fun weekend of model watching ahead for sure!

I'm gonna ween out here and follow my boys footsteps, although not to that extent. But I think there is too much firepower next week to just mood snow it all.

Well we are 72-96 hours away from start time of this event, so it is probably reasonable to use this thread as we know there will be shortwaves passing through at our latitude.

18z GFS didn't do PF any favors unfortunately.

This will be pretty much the final nail in this winter's coffin up here.

SREFs and NAM look might fine for this period, so stop with the negative nancy posts oh poor me and enjoy this next 10 days of weather.  It will be cold with chances at coastal storms.  Look it will work out for us.  Have a positive attitude.  The SREFs have been pretty good lately with northwestward trending coastal storms.  They finally caught onto the stronger surface low in the southern stream system.

SREFs and NAM look might fine for this period, so stop with the negative nancy posts oh poor me and enjoy this next 10 days of weather.  It will be cold with chances at coastal storms.  Look it will work out for us.  Have a positive attitude.  The SREFs have been pretty good lately with northwestward trending coastal storms.  They finally caught onto the stronger surface low in the southern stream system.

I'm pretty excited for the next week. we've seen a lot of chaos in the models this winter and i expect that to continue. so many moving parts involved in the storm setups this winter. the one constant that we have seen is a very late northwestward shift this year. it doesn't mean it will continue but its something to watch.

Archived