Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a squall.

Over an inch in 20 minutes and still ripping. Heaviest snow of the year easily, haha but that's not saying much.

BTV ASOS dropped to the rare 1/8sm visibility as it moved through there.

KBTV 102104Z 33015KT 1/8SM R15/1400V4500FT SN FZFG VV007 M04/M06 A2952 AO2 P0000 T10441061

Edit: that must be a manned observation cause doesn't ASOS go M1/4sm when it drops lower?

Looks like I may have been close to the local maximum today after being the minimum yesterday.  Wife measured 3 for me, I came home to about 2.  the ineptitude of administrators calling for early dismissal and cancelling after school activities is simply astounding.   Roads were wet by just after noon.  

There were 4 adjoining districts in your area that joined forces and called for an early dismissal; that caused a couple of Tolland County districts to call and ask why they were doing so and should they consider it... It was an easy NO!  We joked in the weather office that they probably saw the 3 consecutive runs of the HRRR that showed a nasty cluster of squalls crossing that area during the 1-3 PM period; odds of that happening as modeled was slim to none. 

Had 3 here was nice to see

Looks like I may have been close to the local maximum today after being the minimum yesterday.  Wife measured 3 for me, I came home to about 2.  the ineptitude of administrators calling for early dismissal and cancelling after school activities is simply astounding.   Roads were wet by just after noon.

Archived