Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SCW's take on things, a collaboration between Don(WxWatcher007), Tim and myself. We were debating going 4-8 in the eastern zone but thought 3-6 with some allowance for lollies higher would cover it.

post-8652-0-60255500-1454887231_thumb.jp

Discussion: http://www.southernconnecticutweather.com/forecasters-discussion/forecasters-discussion-and-snowmap-for-282016-storm

it's not like it's 24 hrs out though. Literally for the Cape it's a difference of potentially life threatening daytime conditions to something not unusual. High stakes stuff on a Monday.

Tough forecast for out here. Rain to start. When does changeover happen? Intensity? OES factor? Many questions. I say 9" for now.

I still think we could see somewhat of a positive bust.

Agreed...I should have known better than to mention some sort of mechanics from Mar 2013 because now everyone started spinning it into a direct comparison of that storm. :lol:

But what I meant was that when you have a 5H low well out out to the east but it is interacting with another one from the west...it will tend to pull the height lines back W and NW. That causes lift and divergence much further NW than is typical...Mar 2013 was an extreme example...we nearly got a full phase and it produced a huge easterly flow....this won't be like that, but the mechanism of drawing the lift much further NW is similar.

Archived