• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

Not to be the IMBY guy. Whats it looking like for coastal areas on the eastern coast of MA. Is the coastal front gonna cause me to rot @ 35 while everyone slams @ 28-31 just 15miles west?

I noticed on the BOX map they really cut totals down along the shore all the way to boston basically.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that map is too low south of Boston. I don't think rain will have that much impact and I think that if we get the heavier precip rates, you'll see enough cooling in the column to go to a paste bomb across the southern tier. Modeling has been pretty consistent on warning level amounts to the south coast; it's been increasing QPF that falls as rain, but overall snow totals haven't gone down much or at all for down there.

Sometimes (if not frequently) it is not about the amounts, it is about when the 2 to 4" falls... if it is during the 5 AM to 9 AM period the cancellation option comes into play quickly for many districts in this day & age ; depending on feedback form police & DPW crews.  I deal with this all the time and the superintendents & bus companies are more skittish than ever about heading in during an ongoing event even if final outcome is going to be somewhat minor... while delays allow school openings to start at about 9 and end at about 10:30, in many districts buses are on the road an hour or so prior to that time?  Given the easygoing pattern so far, would not be shocked by lots of cancelations across CT/RI/eastern MA 

Exactly what I told someone on FB who suggested that 4-8" is NBD around here.

Archived