Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BWI has more 20"+ storms than NYC, no?

Not this year. And besides, Baltimore is far southwest of NYC, so while it probably gets more snow in the winter due to being further in the cold part of any coastal, it is also quite a bit warmer on average than NYC, which becomes especially noticeable in March, so Baltimore, at least in terms of March snow, isn't that different from NYC.

Not this year. And besides, Baltimore is far southwest of NYC, so while it probably gets more snow in the winter due to being further in the cold part of any coastal, it is also quite a bit warmer on average than NYC, which becomes especially noticeable in March, so Baltimore, at least in terms of March snow, isn't that different from NYC.

Nice sidestep

Not this year. And besides, Baltimore is far southwest of NYC, so while it probably gets more snow in the winter due to being further in the cold part of any coastal, it is also quite a bit warmer on average than NYC, which becomes especially noticeable in March, so Baltimore, at least in terms of March snow, isn't that different from NYC.

1) NYC gets more snow than Baltimore

2) Your posts are annoying... I think we know our climo well enough that we don't need 40N interlopers lecturing us on what to expect

1) NYC gets more snow than Baltimore

2) Your posts are annoying... I think we know our climo well enough that we don't need 40N interlopers lecturing us on what to expect

1) I didn't check the stats cause that would then start a thousand posts going back and forth arguing statistics, so I just went along with his post and some simple logic.

2.) If I cared, I'd tell you.

I can't speak for Baltimore, but I just did a little check and since Jan 1, NYC has had 5 days with sub freezing highs.  Winchester has had 12.

Yeah, that's a brutally cold place you got up there.

I can't speak for Baltimore, but I just did a little check and since Jan 1, NYC has had 5 days with sub freezing highs.  Winchester has had 12.

Yeah, that's a brutally cold place you got up there.

I guess you don't understand what average means?

why are you being the hole of the ass and trying to bring down our place with your NY values?

What? Dude, people started not liking me here because, 1) A couple weeks ago, I dared to advice people to be cautious about following a unicorn storm that might not look anything like it seems on the models, (which is what happened, actually), and people got really angry about that at me, and 2) All I said was that, if you guys could chase 12+ inch snowstorms down there, which don't happen often, why strong t-storms out of the question? Obviously, people got really angry, ad if you start arguing with me, what do you expect me to do, sit back and take it?

What? Dude, people started not liking me here because, 1) A couple weeks ago, I dared to advice people to be cautious about following a unicorn storm that might not look anything like it seems on the models, (which is what happened, actually), and people got really angry about that at me, and 2) All I said was that, if you guys could chase 12+ inch snowstorms down there, which don't happen often, why strong t-storms out of the question? Obviously, people got really angry, ad if you start arguing with me, what do you expect me to do, sit back and take it?

Oh, you were the guy that told us a day 10 HECS on an op GFS run might not actually happen. Dreamcrusher :(

Go back to your overcrowded polluted dirty obnoxious region

Archived