SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to say, but the Terps are way overrated. Mostly fluff wins and some bad losses. Trimble and Carter should both receive seeing eye dogs after their combined 6 for 23 performance tonight. Pretty sad.

This was the first bad loss. Wisconsin was a good team, saw that one coming.

3,4,5,6,10,13,15,21,23 all lost this week. I wouldn't say MD is overrated, they're definitely one of the most talented teams in the country. It's just frustrating to watch.

Melo having a rough stretch, he needs to put it back together now. Wouldn't be shocked to see this team in the final four, yet really wouldn't be shocked for an early exit either.

Sent from my phone.

that is certainly the caps M.O. and they typically are a letdown in the post season as you know

this year, there is no other eastern conference team that can hang with them

all facets, offense, defense, goal tending, forecheck, backcheck, power play, penalty kill, 4 on 4, 3 on 3, they can dominate at will

injuries of course are wild card. but they have sustained key injuries and are still the golden state of the nhl. hope beagle comes back as he is a beast in face off circle and that is really important deep in playoffs

this is the year they won't collapse in the first or second round

I don't see a weakness on this Caps team, like you mentioned, they basically have it all.  What impressed me most about last nights game is how strong they are once they have a lead.  After Ovi scored his second goal they never gave up another good scoring chance, except of course the tying goal which was a lucky bounce that landed right on Franz Nielson's stick.  I saw they are 32-0-1 when leading after 2 periods, which is just outrageous.  IMO that's one of the most important stats and is a good predictor of playoff success.  

You can't simply dismiss Yoda's point.

The Caps are a great regular season team.  This isn't the first time that's happened in the past few years.  That's about as far as you can take the compliments though.  It's on them to change that.

I just can't picture anyone in the East beating them in a 7-game series.  But you're right, things like that have probably been said by a lot of people in previous seasons.  

I just can't picture anyone in the East beating them in a 7-game series.  But you're right, things like that have probably been said by a lot of people in previous seasons.  

Yeah, I can't remember the year, 09 or 10, somewhere in there, they were the #1 seed and laid a total egg in the playoffs.

And heaven forbid we have to play the Rangers in the playoffs.  That traditionally doesn't end well.

You can't simply dismiss Yoda's point.

The Caps are a great regular season team.  This isn't the first time that's happened in the past few years.  That's about as far as you can take the compliments though.  It's on them to change that.

Not here to troll about the Caps. I'm a huge Ovie fan, I respect the Caps, they are a solid, well-rounded team. However, for whatever reason you guys struggle against the Flyers. And while still a ways away talent-wise, the Flyers are growing hungrier and hungrier. If they can sneak in this year as the 8th seed, I would actually be a 'little' concerned, though in a 7-game series and on paper I would think the Caps win handily. Nothing would surprise me tho.

Indeed. Kuzy is one of the highest potential players of the last few decades, in all off hockey.

The caps are putting together a beautiful season. It is insanely difficult to win 42 of 56 nhl games.

The scary thing for me is now is if they dont win the cup the season would be a disappointment for a lot of fans. And that beautiful season is lost to the books with the rest of the Caps failures. 

It could be worse. You could be a St. Louis Blues fan like me. We've written the book on postseason disappointment.

At least you didn't lose your non-SC winning team to freaking Texas, and then watch them hoist the cup.  And your "expansion" team has done jack since they came back despite raking in the dough in front of full houses. 

At least you didn't lose your non-SC winning team to freaking Texas, and then watch them hoist the cup.  And your "expansion" team has done jack since they came back despite raking in the dough in front of full houses. 

Yeah that's definitely up there with the most brutal fan experiences.  Almost as bad as the Nordiques moving to Colorado and instantly winning a cup.  But hey, at least you have the Vikings/Twins/Twolves and all their success :whistle: .

Let me know when Ovie wins anything of consequence... besides winning trophies for most goals or the such

weaksauce.  Same old thing with you.  SC doesn't make a player great or not.  Dan Fouts a sucky QB?  Fran Tarkenton?  John Stockton, Karl Malone sucky players?

find a new argument

The scary thing for me is now is if they dont win the cup the season would be a disappointment for a lot of fans. And that beautiful season is lost to the books with the rest of the Caps failures.

for sure but this is a better team than the one that got rolled by the wings last SC appearance. If they plow thru the EC then lose a 7 game SCF wouldn't consider it a failure

Archived